Interim Head of Finance and Operations (Part-time 4 days/wk)
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Rosa, the UK's only fund for women and girls, is looking for a highly proficient Interim Head of Finance & Operations (4 days/wk) to join the team. While women’s rights and gender justice hit the headlines daily, too many women are still left behind in the UK. Rosa has ambitious plans to galvanise and harness more resources for women’s organisations, and to power up the movement for change.
The Interim Head of Finance & Operations will provide essential resource to this task, supporting Rosa’s team to ensure Rosa’s infrastructure is fit for the future. This is a pivotal role at an exciting time. If you know what organisational excellence looks like, and have the proven ability to make Rosa shine, then we want to hear from you.
In return, we offer a generous salary and flexible working in a fun, dynamic working environment with a small committed team – as well as the chance to make a real difference to women’s rights and gender equality in the UK.
This role is 4 days/week, paid £42,000 pro-rata, on a 6 month fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
Applications welcomed on a rolling basis with first round interviews during August.
If this role is of interest, please submit your CV and Cover Letter via the Apply button.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To bring additional capacity in financial, staffing and project management to enhance Rosa’s existing operations.
To support existing staff in the effective and efficient delivery of current plans, priorities and projects, and the development of new projects.
To review Rosa’s infrastructure and implement recommendations; with the Executive Director and Trustee Board, to create an organisation fit for the next stage of Rosa’s development.
1. Organisational and Business Development
- Ensuring existing systems are maintained and developed, streamlining supporter and donor stewarding, fundraising, grantee support and the mentor-matching scheme Inspire Together.
- Ensuring current priorities are delivered effectively and efficiently across the team, providing operational leadership.
- Reviewing Rosa’s infrastructure, systems, processes, staffing and office needs in the light of Rosa’s strategic direction, making and implementing recommendations for improvement.
- Assisting the ED and Trustees in making long and short term plans, especially business and financial plans.
- Supporting Rosa’s fundraising and resource mobilisation and developing new project ideas and funding proposals to deliver on strategy and business plan.
2. Operational Management
a) Financial Management:
- Leading work with the external Finance Manager and Admin and Finance Officer to ensure effective financial management of Rosa.
- Ensuring that effective financial procedures are in place to monitor and control expenditure against income – including banking, the timely production of management accounts and reports to donors.
- Budgeting, forecasting and supporting the preparation of annual accounts.
- Building the capacity of the Admin and Finance Officer and other staff in appropriate financial management, such as donor tracking and reporting and handling due diligence requests from donors.
(b) Staff Management:
- Supporting the ED/Trustees in managing, motivating and supervising Rosa staff, consultants, interns and volunteers in accordance with Rosa policy and good practice.
- Building staff capacity in areas relevant to their roles and building their effectiveness as a team.
- Leading on effective work planning, delivery and reporting against individual objectives, the annual work plans and current three year business plan.
(c) Other Management Responsibilities
- Ensuring smooth day-to-day running of the office.
- Ensuring that charity, company, health & safety, GDPR and other legal and regulatory obligations are implemented and met.
- Deputising for the ED.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATION: Essential requirements
- A first degree, financial qualification, or 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience of senior operational and financial management in a charitable organisation.
- Experience of organisational development, capacity building or change management.
- Experience of charity regulation and administration on both a day to day and a senior level within an organisation.
- Experience of staff, project and contract management.
- Experience of either fundraising and/or grant-making.
- Excellent financial literacy and management
- Excellent inter-personal and team working skills, including line management and coaching.
- A clear, analytical approach to problem solving
- Good written and verbal communication skills – a good all-round communicator
- Knowledge of fundraising and/or grant-making practice
- The ability to analyse and act on a larger scale, without neglecting the detail of the work being done.
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities of working in both small and large organisations.
- A genuine and manifest belief in Rosa’s vision, mission and values.
- Curiosity, good listening skills and a can-do attitude.
- Openness to your own learning and development, particularly within the women’s sector.
- Ability to use initiative, anticipate requirements and multi-task across a range of disciplines.
Apply for Interim Head of Finance and Operations (Part-time 4 days/wk)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly