Corporate Treasury Assistant Officer, part time - 16 hours per week
Are you looking for a role in Finance that will stretch your skills and offer challenges for forward thinking and innovative ideas? This is an exciting time for HMRC as we head towards delivering increased effectiveness of digital services, new strategies for improved services and IT capability for all.
Corporate Finance fulfils a vital role at the heart of HMRC. We are responsible for ensuring that HMRC plans and manages its performance, makes good decisions and is held to account on accurate financial and performance data. Our activity helps HMRC account excellently for everything HMRC does.
Corporate Treasury are HMRC’s Payment Process Owners, setting and delivering the critical elements of HMRCs payment strategy, developing and implementing standardised HMRC payment processes for all Heads of Duty and regimes.
Corporate Treasury are responsible for:
Maximising revenue flow to the Treasury, providing excellent customer service through account management.
Processing receipts and payments, reallocating receipts, maintaining customer accounts and reconciling HMRC bank accounts.
Dealing with external and internal customer correspondence, telephone calls, forms and electronic enquiries on payment related matters.
• Bank customer payments, allocate to the appropriate account and make repayments where required.
• Reply to internal and external customer correspondence;
• Contribute to the overall achievement of targets/priorities.
• Process electronic work lists;
• Use various computer systems to update and maintain customer records;
• Help with general administrative duties, including handling some more complex queries and issues, making sure they are resolved quickly and efficiently;
• Provide accurate information in a professional and helpful manner by collecting and assessing relevant data and information from various sources such as departmental guidance, customer records/systems, and other relevant Business Units
• Provide assistance as required to support HMRC peaks
The successful candidate will:
• Work as a key part of our team to improve productivity, quality and support the implementation of continuous improvement.
• Be able to gather information and apply judgement to achieve the best outcome for our business.
• Display a positive attitude towards change and support the evolving business direction.
• Take responsibility for personal performance in accordance with Corporate Finance priorities
This is a ‘Fixed Term Appointment’ with a 1-year duration
This is a back shift position with a ‘5 over 7 days’ contract
Minimum of 16 hours – worked over no more than 5 days. Available hours:
Monday – Friday (4pm to 8pm)
Saturday – minimum 4 hours (between 8am to 5pm)
(Range of hours will be discussed/agreed with successful candidate)
A reserve list will be held for a period of 12 months from which further appointments may be made. This does not guarantee that you will be offered a future post.
The Jobholder should be aware of the potential for the risk of financial loss in the day to day work and be responsible for taking action when you or your staff identify instances of this. The Jobholder will be accountable for ensuring mitigating action is taken as appropriate.
Applicants who do, or wish to, work an alternative pattern are welcome to apply. The preferred working pattern may or may not be available. You should discuss this with the vacancy holder before you submit your application. Candidates who do not agree their working pattern with the vacancy holder prior to applying may be rejected.
Please click apply for further details on the role and to make your application