Manager - Financial Modelling - open to flexible working
The Financial Modelling capability within our Advisory business is an exciting and fast-growing team. We supply financial modelling services to clients across the whole umbrella of Advisory services, from corporate finance deals to operational change to restructuring and insolvency. We work as part of the firm's wider modelling community, sharing knowledge and best practice with other modelling experts.
We build, review and amend models across all sectors and diverse Advisory roles. Financial models underpin almost all business decisions and all corporate transactions. We supply the tools and analysis to help our clients understand the impact of their decisions before they make them. Most of our work is executed in Microsoft Excel, with some limited use of other programming. Our priority is delivering tools that are easy to understand, as well as flexible and robust in the face of change.
The Managers in the team are responsible for executing a wide range of work, and for leading the delivery of simpler assignments. You will work closely with clients, supporting senior colleagues and other Advisory teams to plan, build, maintain, and interpret financial models. You will also play a role in marketing and business development, and supporting the day-to-day operations of the team. This rare opportunity presents great scope to develop yourself and your career as the team grows.
What you’ll be doing:
- planning and developing financial models and other tools for clients to use for forecasting and business planning, or assisting in their design and development
- using and adapting models in order to perform sensitivity and scenario analysis for deals and restructuring
- reviewing the modelling work of junior team members, ensuring technical excellence and brand compliance, and giving appropriate guidance and feedback
- understanding the results of models and engaging with clients and colleagues in meaningful dialogue about the implications
- reviewing financial models built by clients and their advisers and compiling initial views and findings, or reviewing and refining findings prepared by junior staff
- playing an active role in model design discussions and preparing model specification documents
- preparing engagement letters for review by more senior team members
- attending meetings with clients, and building rapport and developing lasting relationships based on trust and quality work
- contributing to reports being prepared by other Advisory teams (e.g. VDD, FDD, Corporate Finance, Restructuring)
- taking an active role in supporting the growth of the team by pro-actively building your own network of internal and external contacts
- coaching junior members of staff and sharing technical knowledge with colleagues
- managing conflicting workloads and deadlines when necessary
- managing your time and that of the team and delivers work in line with agreed budgets, monitoring time and costs and advising the partners/ADs/client as appropriate engaging with colleagues and making a positive contribution to the team’s culture
Who we're looking for:
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
We’re looking for people with the following experience and personal qualities:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a directly comparable Big 4 or similar modelling team
- Currently holding a manager or equivalent grade and minimum of 6 months in grade
- Excellent Excel proficiency and familiarity with a range of techniques
- Strong understanding of modelling best practice ideas
- Evidenced interest in business issues and corporate finance
- Experience of infrastructure or fund modelling is a bonus
- Highly numerate with strong communication skills
- Strong accounting skills and understanding of cash and working capital cycles
- Logical approach to problem-solving, attention to detail
- Experience of coaching and/or mentoring others
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a numerate degree
- ACA or CA qualified or equivalent
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.