Senior Talent Management Manager, Open to flexible working
Who are we?
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. We are proud to lead the future of some of the world’s most famous and admired brands. Brands built by entrepreneurs and philanthropists; true visionaries whose values we must honour and sustain. We stand on the shoulders of these giants.
Our purpose as an HR function is to be an agile, connected and accountable partner to the business, enabling growth and performance. Our Global Functions teams sit right at the heart of driving this growth focusing on three distinctive areas to add real value to the business - Organisation Effectiveness, Talent and Performance Enablement.
Our function provides future proofed, innovative & performance-enabling strategies in a way that ensures that we have our very best talent doing the best roles in Diageo. The talent team focus is mainly about:
- Building an internal pipeline of amazing diverse talent for senior roles in line with external best practice
- Deploying global talent strategy, frameworks, processes and policies and ensure robust governance in line with Diageo global operating standard
- Establishing world-class talent capability that delivers bold and sustainable performance difference
- Leading transformation in talent assurance, talent assessments, career planning and succession management for key talent & critical leadership roles
- Partnering with markets and global functions in accelerating behind our key talent and organisational priorities globally
As a Senior Talent Management Manager you will…
- Work with our Human Resources Directors in driving succession planning for key leadership roles
- Lead talent planning and execution (e.g. Talent Reviews) globally by aligning the markets to the talent strategy; embedding the talent principles; and Leadership Standards
- Define and align talent segment needs globally through multi-year talent planning and succession analytics; identify needs in line with current and future business priorities
- Undertake market research and trend analysis of the external environment to ensure that our talent interventions are best in class
- Lead specific talent initiatives and projects in line with annual resourcing plans and key business requirements
What are we looking for?
You will have a solid background in HR where you will have already proven your ability to shape and deliver exemplary Talent strategy and leadership assessments.
Success is highly dependent upon:
- Strong analytic orientation – brings insights and trends from data
- Ability to communicate and influence at many levels internally and externally
- Strong orchestrator that can work across the global matrix
Skill and experience:
- Growing and acquiring the talent base needed to support business success
- Role model for growth mind-set and can link talent goals to business goals
- Drives a rigorous, analytical approach to consistent assessment of talent (internal or external)
- Analyse key talent information including output of resourcing forecasting to understand issues and opportunities for the business
- Can generate insights and recommendations based on analysis and prioritise plans accordingly
- Strong external radar, in particular on emerging talent trends and can decipher the issues and opportunities for Diageo and build these into talent plans now and for the future
- Can shape and evolve core talent processes (e.g. talent reviews) with simplicity, discipline and rigour to ensure high quality judgements about people
- Strong talent judgements informed by the broader implications and consequences of these decisions
- Takes a systematic approach to talent management and development and judges how processes are linked and interconnected
- Adept at interpreting and bringing together different data sources (both qualitative and quantitative) and use them in combination to derive insights
- Develop plans that systematically address the businesses talent needs with targeted interventions
- Manage the execution of the overall integrated talent plan, injecting a rhythm and rigour into the process and activity and can evaluate and continuously improve