Consumer and Shopping Planning Manager, Open to flexible working
At Diageo, character is everything
Global Travel (GT) is one of Diageo’s largest and most profitable markets, and a critical driver of Diageo’s global growth. Almost 2bn international travellers travel through our channel each year, making Global Travel the biggest country in the world. This provides us with a unique opportunity to give every traveller an engaging experience with our brands, and to change consumer perception and behaviour at scale.
Global Travel’s mission is to be the engine of Travel Retail growth, driving penetration of Travel Retail through joint value creation with our customers. In order to do this, we need to ensure that we are building everyday relevance with Every Day Great Execution and providing differentiated products and experiences routed in culture, we have industry-leading innovations which are scalable, recruitment-led and margin-enhancing for us and for customers, and that we are engaging travellers throughout all the possible touchpoints in the traveller’s journey through e-commerce, digital and media, and opportunities to sample our liquids.
This role is critical to achieving this vision, providing the data, insight and strategic thinking required across both marketing and commercial teams to focus on the biggest growth and penetration opportunities, to test, learn & evolve our capabilities and practices rapidly, and to understand what is working and why.
Key accountabilities for this role are:
Consumer and Shopper Planning – supporting brand strategy and planning processes with market context, consumer trends and critical insights; partnering with planners across the business to bring insight to GT Insight into action – embed consumer and shopper insight and implications into decision-making across the team Marketing effectiveness – support the roll-out and optimal usage of Catalyst (a new tool for GT) and embed it in planning processes; drive and support regular M&E Data & Insights – extract and share actionable insight from multiple data sources, including IWSR, GT market share tracking and analytics, competitor and industry reports, and macro trends Capability development – support the core marketing capability agenda in partnership with global capability team; upskill the team on data & insight sources and uses
This role reports into the Head of Consumer and Commercial Insight.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Blend of strategic clarity, analytical rigour, and a passion for consumers and shoppers
- Comfort with working with a range of qualitative and quantitative data sources, and in pulling out the insight (or “so-what”) from those data sources
- Experience bringing together multiple complex insights from different types of source (e.g. consumer research, commercial performance, macro environment) to create actionable insight
- Strong self-starter with proven track record of resilience and agility
- Deep understanding and curiosity around complex motivations of shoppers, consumers and customers – works brilliantly with customer marketing and commercial teams.
- Passionate about brilliant marketing and can bring creativity of thought as much to shopper planning as consumer.
- Can operate within a multi-cultural, multinational, multi-outlet, multi-channel, and multi-currency environment.
- Intermediate Excel skills (e.g. comfort with pivot tables) required
- Consumer planning background beneficial
PLEASE NOTE DIAGEO CANNOT SUPPORT RELOCATION OR VISA'S FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH NO RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK