Database Administrator, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're looking to recruit a Database Administrator to provide phenomenal services at each stage of the agile delivery lifecycle - promoting best practices and standards via peer reviews within the engineering lab. Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Database Administrator mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
Want to know more?
- You'll provide release support - acting as an SME for LBG teams and attending CAB calls
- You'll be responsible for monitoring the health of the databases - for example disk space and projecting capacity
- You'll be responsible for providing guidance to Service Delivery teams
- You'll provide project support to initiatives within the Motor Finance Value Stream
- You'll showcase excellent social and communication skills whilst effectively working across the project lifecycle supporting the Engineering teams
- You'll exercise responsibility, autonomy and judgement within broad, but well-defined parameters
- You'll be in charge of the environment restores across multiple databases
- You'll be leading both onshore and offshore resources
- You'll not be responsible for Production support
And as for your skills?
Behaviours and Competencies
- Passion for coaching other DBAs and building a strong team culture through peer-to-peer collaboration and development
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work with multi-disciplinary teams across the software development lifecycle
- Be able to work "hands-on" alongside all other engineering disciplines
- Model the behaviours required to support the organisation's transformation to new ways of working
- Confidence in expressing own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience of DevOps
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
Sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...