IT Business Relationship Manager, IT Services, Open to returners & flexible working
The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) plays a key role in partnering with the lines of business to ensure the IT strategy and Services align with the business strategy.
Deloitte are reliant on technology in order to deliver an exceptional level of service to clients. At the same time, technology has never been more accessible and the number of technology options and demand for technology solutions have never been greater and by harnessing IT in the right way Deloitte are always seeking to gain a competitive edge.
You will be joining an already established and growing team which has made great strides in bridging the gap between the business and IT. You will build and maintain relationships at all levels with particular focus on senior partners taking responsibility for owning the strategic relationship with your assigned line of business.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Partner: Ensuring that IT is seen as an effective partner and enabler by connecting the business to the relevant area in ITS
Ambassador: Promoting ITS to the business and educating ITS on the needs, requirements and drivers of the business.
Strategist: Works with the business to help understand how their business direction will be underpinned by technology provided by ITS and the impact that has on the firm
Translator: Promoting the use of simple, every-day terminology to ensure that the business gets the IT solutions and services that it needs
Analyst: Understanding business direction and helping shape IT solutions to match this direction
Marketer: Ensuring the technology deployed is being used fully across the business
Technologist: Making suggestions, introducing innovation and being an advocate for what technology can provide. Challenging the business and ITS to find the most relevant, most appropriate technology, based on innate knowledge of the line of business and requirements
- Play a role in the development of the ITS strategy which reacts and supports the wider Deloitte strategy, and regularly updated line of business strategies
- Be fully aware and comfortable with assigned line of business strategy
- Establish and manage key stakeholder relationships and manage expectations
- Develop roadmaps for the line of business
- Manage and prioritise ‘demand’
- Ensure escalations from the business are effectively managed
- Promote line of business knowledge/understanding within ITS (and vice versa)
- Contribute to BRM team ongoing development/strategic direction
- Work with the Enterprise Architects to ensure IT roadmaps align to business needs
- Assist in gathering and shaping business requirements, working with the business and Business Analysis team to clarify and refine these
- Work with Project Managers, Business Change Managers and Communications Managers to shape change management activities
- Work with Service Delivery Management and Service Management to shape our service portfolio and service lifecycle
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London or Milton Keynes
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time contract opportunity.
Working hours are 9:30-17:30 (37 hour week).
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Degree level or qualified by experience
- ITIL qualification desirable but not essential
- Bright, tenacious and outgoing personality with a positive outlook
- Ability to gain credibility and trust with stakeholders and IT teams alike
- Must be comfortable multitasking with ability to work on and prioritise several tasks at once
- Must be diplomatic and persuasive with an ability to handle difficult conversations and confidently manage senior stakeholders
- A team player with an ability to positively motivate self and others
- Professional presentation with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business, and with both technical and non-technical people
- Interest in Technology
- Experience of stakeholder relationship building and management at different levels of an organisation
- Experience of developing and driving adoption of strategy and/or roadmaps
- Has a deep understanding of the IT industry - technical enough to have credibility but able to express services in a non-technical way
- Experience of working with(in) an IT department
- HR technology and transformation delivery
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 170507