Senior Data Scientist, Open to flexible working
What's the challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity to join comparethemarket.com as a Senior Data Scientist where you will be responsible for evolving our data science function and developing out our existing customer algorithms. You'll be responsible for identifying and mapping out new use cases that will embed data science across the business and help us to bring AI into the real world. You'll work closely with our Insights, Analytics and Solutions teams to help shape our data culture and ensure that the wider data strategy is successfully delivered.
In this role you'll work with key stakeholders to identify ways that data science can covert business problems into a mathematical framework, and then translate then into an actionable data science roadmap. You'll own and deliver any resulting data science projects, assessing technical feasibility, and estimating the time to delivery. You also will partner with our Machine Learning Engineers to ensure that all models are put into production and deliver clear impact to the business.
We need you to take a leadership mindset focused on growing the technical capabilities of the team, but also nurturing a collaborative and dynamic culture.
What will it take?
- Experience in either a professional data science position or quantitative academic field
- You'll be an expert in all of the standard data science techniques (for example supervised/unsupervised machine learning, model cross validation, Bayesian inference, time-series analysis.)
- You'll have a solid grasp of NLP and Computer Vision Techniques
- A high level of mathematical competence and proficiency in statistics
- Strong programming skills - successful track record in data science or software engineering (we do require the ability to become a fluent Python programmer in a short period of time)
- An excellent command of the basic libraries for data science (NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Lean) and familiarity of TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We're growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas - supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it's working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.