Employee Ownership Lawyer, 4-5 days/wk (Open to flexible working)
Postlethwaite is specialist law firm which helps businesses grow and share the rewards of success with their people through employee ownership.
Ranked by both Chambers and the Legal 500 for our expertise, we are recognised as a leading UK firm in our field. According to one client, we provide “magic circle expertise with a more personal service”. Our clients include Brompton Bicycle, Mooncup, Fatface, TensCare and Haworth Tompkins architects.
Employee ownership is increasingly popular, with strong evidence that it increases productivity, resilience and overall performance. It also enables the rewards of that success to be shared with employees and can help anchor businesses in their communities. Our practice is founded on the conviction that employee ownership represents an important and exciting part of the future of business.
We work with companies wishing to involve their employees in ownership in a range of different ways, from 100% ownership by all employees to share options for their key people.
This is an opportunity for a lawyer with experience in corporate transactions who is looking for a new opportunity in this growing and positive field.
Your principal role will be to:
- Help companies wishing to introduce employee ownership find the approach which will work best for them
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of all legal documents required to implement a transition to employee ownership
- Be the leader in many of our assignments, project managing and building relationships of trust and confidence with our clients for whom the creation of employee ownership is a highly important stage in the life of their business
The qualities we need are:
- Engaged by our work, its purpose and impact
- Sharing our values (these are on our website)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Being well organised
- Leadership and initiative
- Being a quick learner
- Looking after the detail whilst maintaining sight of the big picture
Our key goal is to find a person who knows their way around company structures and changes of business ownership. So this role is likely to be best suited to someone with several years experience as a corporate lawyer. Knowledge of tax issues in employee share ownership would be a bonus but is not essential. We are open minded as to what a strong candidate would look like and would welcome an application from you if you are interested in employee ownership and have corporate law experience, including if you are returning to work after a career break.
What we offer:
We offer a collaborative and supportive environment and work which has a positive purpose in a field which is cutting edge and growing. Training and mentoring is an important part of what we provide. Long term possibilities for development are excellent.
The salary is competitive according to experience (guide is £70,000 plus), with an annual profit share. We also offer share ownership to all our staff (after a qualifying period).
This is a four or five days per week role and you would primarily work from our office near Chancery Lane, central London. Some home and flexible working would be possible, however.
If you would like to apply, please submit your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in working with us.
Please note we will not respond to any applications until after the closing date of 6th September.