Senior Audit Manager, open to flexible working
Grant Thornton is a leading Accounting and Advisory firm working with a big range of clients across the UK. We are a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. We have created our own unique culture, one that allows you to have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible structure, in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential.
Our clients are proud to work with us – they see that we help them unlock their potential for growth and recommend us to other similar, dynamic organisations. We are proud of our position in our local and regional markets and the reputation we have developed not just for the excellence of our client work but, as importantly, for the culture of our team.
Audit is fully focused on financial reporting and Audit. We provide a wide range of audit and assurance services to private, public and international companies across various sectors. As a firm audit over 8,500 firms annually, ranging from FTSE and AIM companies to Small Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) companies.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be leading on audit reviews, agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists) and monitoring budgets
- You’ll lead an exciting portfolio of diverse clients, and provide them with an exceptional level of clarity and insight on complicated issues
- You’ll build and maintain strong client relationships, recognising the value of exceptional client service and ensuring you understand and manage the client’s expectations effectively at all times
- You’ll assist your senior colleagues when generating new business, from target stage to proposal and beyond
- You’ll be keen to get involved in wider BD activity and build the brand across the region
- You’ll be responsible for managing, motivating and coaching team members, providing regular feedback and supporting their development
Who we're looking for:
- We are looking for collaborative individuals with good communication skills that want to work with a diverse client base.
- You will need to be professionally qualified for this role (ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent) and understand that excellent customer service is the key to client engagement
- You should be commercially focused with good relationship management skills, and any BD experience would be a bonus.
- You will need external Audit experience, gained in a practice environment and have experience working with mid-tier firms
- You will need extensive experience managing a substantial portfolio of External Audit clients.
- Experience managing, mentoring and motivating more junior members of staff.
- You’ll hold a relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA etc.)
- You’ll have proven experience of managing a large portfolio of clients and have some Business Development experience
If you are looking to challenge yourself and develop your career, please apply!