HR Administrator, Part time 20 hours/wk
The Yehudi Menuhin School requires a part-time HR Administrator to provide support on all HR matters on behalf of the school.
Reporting to: The Bursar
Salary: £15 000 - £18 000 depending on experience
Hours: Mon-Fri mornings or afternoons, 20 hours
Holidays: 25 days plus 8 public holidays
Lunch provided during term times
Day to day duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Employee Administration
- To ensure completion of appropriate employment and vetting checks in compliance with the current ISI (Independent School Inspectorate) regulations and Keeping Children Safe in Education.
- Liaise with the Accountant on Payroll
- Preparing contracts of employment and contract amendments.
- To advise and support staff with regard to vetting checks required for visitors, volunteers and contractors.
- To provide generalist HR advice, guidance and support to all staff.
- Update or write job descriptions for vacant positions.
- Administer the staff employee files both manually and electronically.
- To update the Single Central Register liaising with the Head’s PA, Bursar and Compliance Officer.
- To keep records of induction
- To keep records of training and CPD
This is not a definitive list of duties; you will be expected to undertake such other duties as requested from time to time.
- Educated to A level or above.
- Good time management with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise as necessary.
- Previous experience of working in a school and/or knowledge of HR in schools and current school safeguarding regulations.
- Safeguarding and Child Protection awareness (although full training will be given in the area of Safeguarding and Child Protection and Safer Recruitment).
- Experience of working in a generalist HR role (including all aspects of recruitment).
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and its practical application.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels.
- The ability to work with discretion at all times and have a calm demeanour.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong IT skills.
- CIPD membership
The role requires an experienced HR Administrator who is proficient with Microsoft Office 365. This is a hands on role in a small friendly team.
Closing Date for Application 9am 2 September 2019
Applications must be made using the School’s own application form available on our site. Please note that a CV without a completed application form will not be considered.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a completed application as soon as possible.The School reserves the right to interview and appoint before this date, if suitable candidates present themselves.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application.