Accounts & Audit Assistant, Audit and Assurance, (Flexible working options available)
Let’s assume you are interested in exploring a career in financial services and are looking for a way in. You think you have potential and want to join an inclusive firm where the opportunities are impossible to turn down. If this rings true, then a role in our growing team could be for you.
Have you always wanted to work 4 days per week? Or perhaps you would like to take the summer months off work to spend with family? Both are possible options with us.
We’ve created a Centre of Excellence in Newcastle to support our client engagement teams throughout the UK and as an Accounts and Audit Associate here, you’ll play a key role in our continued success.
You will provide remote support to our nationwide client engagement teams in completing tasks associated with the audit of statutory accounts. It will involve day to day liaison with client engagement teams and will enable you to develop an understanding of company accounts. With our supportive culture and hands-on training, you will have the opportunity to become a subject matter specialist, develop best practice methodologies and deliver the quality service our high-profile clients know to expect.
Specifically you will have responsibility for:
• Casting and proof reading accounts
• Processing changes to accounts
• Agreement of information included within the accounts to supporting documentation provided by audit engagement teams
• Checking disclosures
• Proof reading of client deliverables
• Undertaking other administrative tasks to assist audit teams
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based at our Newcastle office.
This is a permanent contract opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full-time/ part time/ Term time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
• You’ll be mathematically competent and have an eye for detail
• Keen to learn and become a specialist in your own right
• Confident and articulate with strong interpersonal skills
• Able to display initiative, professionalism, diligence and discretion at all times
• A flexible multi-tasker: You’ll be working on multiple engagements simultaneously
• Computer literacy is a must. You’ll be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and have an ability to learn new packages quickly
• GCSE's or equivalent with a minimum grade C in English and grade B in Maths.
Our associates come from a wide range of backgrounds, sometimes with little or no prior experience. You will have the opportunity to become a subject matter expert and to advance both your technical and soft skills through our structured training and career development plans.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166877