Marketing and Communications Manager, Responsible Business, Internal Client Services, 12 months, FTC
Want to inspire people to make an impact that matters? In this role, you will be responsible for bringing to life our award-winning UK social impact initiative One Million Futures (OMF).
Our aim is to help one million people get to where they want to be through access to education and employment. We are working with over 50 of the most inspiring social enterprises, charities and schools to achieve our ambition, providing them with a package of support comprising pro bono, volunteering and fundraising.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As the UK Lead for Responsible Business marketing and communications, you will be a core member of the Responsible Business team. You will be responsible for promoting One Million Futures and the broader Responsible Business agenda both internally and externally through a wide range of channels and to key stakeholders.
OMF specific responsibilities:
- Manage the implementation of the OMF marketing and communications plan, ensuring it’s delivered within scope and that any ad-hoc activity aligns with overall communications objectives.
- Develop OMF communications campaigns
- Oversee pipeline of regular storytelling
- Senior stakeholder engagement
- Plan and oversee applications for external industry awards
- Plan and improve OMF engagement in London via internal communications
- Oversee engagement measurement for OMF comms channels
- Recruit and support Deloitte’s Business in the Community (BITC) regional Board members
- Feed into other networks, managing key stakeholders across Clients & Industries and leverage other communication channels and projects to promote OMF, including our Global WorldClass initiative
- Input into the Purpose engagement strategy, identifying opportunities to bring Purpose to life for key audiences including developing messaging and content
- Identify external speaking opportunities to amplify the firm’s Purpose
- Input into Deloitte’s North South Europe Purpose agenda and 5 million futures strategy
Manage junior resource to:
- Ensure our OMF channels are up-to-date, user-friendly and engaging
- Develop a pipeline of regular stories
- Manage our OMF Communications Leads volunteer network
- Report measurement of marcomms impact (engagement stats via OMF channels)
- Provide ongoing career /pastoral support to junior resource
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Suggested work pattern: This is a 12 months full time fixed term contract opportunity
Your professional experience
- Extensive communications and marketing experience (CIM qualification preferred but not required)
- Excellent verbal and written communications with very high attention to detail and the ability to write in different styles
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build solid relationships and gain credibility with senior stakeholders, influencing them
- Strong people management skills including getting the best out of junior team members and creative agencies
- Resilience, confidence to stand firm and say no when needed, while remaining diplomatic and consensus-driven
- Creativity and ambition combined with pragmatism and a focus on output
- Strategic thinker with excellent project management and organisational skills, and the ability to work under pressure and deliver against multiple priorities simultaneously, prioritising appropriately
- Great team player, with the ability to drive his/her own agenda.
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Requisition code: 167352