Finance Manager, part time - 3 days per week
Timewise is the UK’s leading change agent for flexible working and flexible hiring. We run a consultancy business that works with employers, helping them to leverage the business benefits of flexible working. We also commission research and are active in the media, aiming to shift the market for flexible jobs. And we run Timewise Jobs, a website promoting part-time and flexible roles.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager for 3 days per week, and are open to a number of flexible working arrangements.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will have responsibility for the day to day financial control and management of the organisation. You are likely to be a fully qualified, ‘hands on’ finance professional, with experience of delivering process improvement.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To have responsibility for the day to day financial management and control of the organisation
- To produce timely and accurate management reporting
- To support the Finance Director in improving processes and systems to maximise reporting efficiency, including financial modelling
Control and manage all finance processes including:
- Production of monthly management accounts to include monitoring of financial performance against budgets and forecasts, monthly cash flow and balance sheet reporting, consolidated in to a consistent monthly reporting pack
- Day to day control of the financial systems, policies and procedures, ensuring they are robust, compliant and support current business needs and future growth
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with relevant statutory regulations and legislation
- Oversee day to day financial matters including payment authorisations, VAT returns and debtor control
- Engage with budget holders on income reporting and pipeline opportunities and ensure revenue recognition in line with project delivery and contractual timelines
- Support the Finance Director with the annual budget process through budget modelling and liaison with budget holders
- Produce KPI reporting which supports the growth strategy of the business
- Produce funder and investor reporting to meet requirements
- Prepare the year end audit file and liaise with the external auditors
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Proven track record as a successful finance professional, with experience of management accounts and the relevant processes and controls
- An analytical approach and enquiring mind to assess, identify and implement solutions to improve processes and systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance people including presentations to the management team
- Experience with financial spreadsheet models
- A self-starter, able to prioritise and manage multiple demands and deadlines
- Ability to manage the day to day activities whilst looking to longer term objectives such as system or process improvements
- Detailed working knowledge of Xero
- Knowledge of accounting within a not-for-profit organisation
- The role holder will work closely with the Finance Director, as well as forming effective working relationships with all budget holders and engaging, as needed, with the CEO.
This role is expected to be 3 days per week. We are open to discussing various flexible working arrangements including some working from home.
Please apply below with your CV and a covering message.
This is a rolling recruitment and interviews may take place before the closing date
We look forward to hearing from you.