Central Resource & Capacity Advisor - open to flexible working
- Contract Type
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
The Central Resource & Capacity Team is responsible for assigning the right resource to the right client at the right time, whilst balancing and optimising employee growth/development, client service and meeting business metrics.
As a Resource & Capacity Advisor, you’ll work as part of a team to manage the deployment of specialists in Audit. As part of a central team, you will support the implementation of resource plans to drive quality and positive client outcomes ensuring optimal use of billable resource across the firm whilst striving to maximise utilisation and optimise employment spend nationally.
- regularly meet with the Resource & Capacity Management team to agree scheduling for the short, medium and long terms and amend and update the resource planner as appropriate
- highlight and manage conflicts with working schedules and other events (e.g. training, exams, holidays)
- monitor and pro-actively manage annual leave to ensure business needs can be met at all times and people are having appropriate time off work
- monitor and pro-actively manage resource to maximise utilisation including working with fellow Resource & Capacity Advisors to share resources
- Assign resourcing to minimise travel time including monitoring away jobs and ensuring these are allocated fairly and in line with people’s preferences where possible
- monitor accuracy of resource/job details ensuring it remains up to date
- pro-actively manage and communicate availability enabling an agile response to new work or requests for additional resource
- support Resourcing and Capacity Team to deliver a consistent workflow across the year (especially during peak periods) by following the Audit Engagement Resourcing Principles and prioritising work accordingly and challenging engagement teams on timing of work as appropriate
- liaise with People and Culture colleagues to ensure everything is in place for new hires below Manager level
- notify relevant parties of the joiners’ timetable for the first few weeks and provide background information
- reassign bookings for leavers to other team members and cancel internal and external courses for leavers
- using the reporting facility to highlight exceptions which may indicate over bookings on jobs and pro-actively challenge engagement teams where time booked is not reflective of the fee being charged
- Work closely with the Office Training Contact to book all trainees onto relevant internal and external courses
- build strong relationships with local engagement managers to enable collaborative approach to resourcing jobs
- Communicate resourcing gaps for your locality to the Resourcing & Capacity team to support recruitment strategy
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience in working in a resource planning ( minimum criteria)
- Some understanding of resource management and associated implications
- Excellent communicator with the skills and the ability to build relationships
- Excellent organisational skills, deadline-oriented and flexibility to meet changing needs of the role
- Experience in professional services industry, specifically Audit, Tax, Advisory or accounting, is preferred
- A strong desire to identify opportunities for new ways of working
- Team player who is enthusiastic and motivated and thrives in an agile environment
- Strong digital and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Maths and English Language at GCSE grade C or equivalent
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.