Client Portfolio Assistant Manager, Financial Services, Open to returners & flexible working
Client Portfolio Assistant Manager, Financial Services, Clients & Industries, FTC - 12 months
Deloitte has established a clear vision to become the undisputed leader in professional services.The Clients & Industries (C&I) strategy is a key enabler of this vision; aiming to build enviable client loyalty with the priority clients in our chosen markets, such that these clients will turn first to Deloitte when faced with a major challenge.
As we execute our strategy, our client portfolios exhibit multiple facets (such as Global client portfolios and North South Europe (NSE) client programmes) alongside very strong revenue growth performance. This leads to a strong demand from our Business for clear Client Portfolio Management (CPM), strong governance and consistent execution of our client programmes, in line with Member Firm Standards and expected best practice.
This role sits within Deloitte’s Clients & Industries department and is ideal for a self-starter with excellent stakeholder management skills who can get things done autonomously. They will work closely with FS leadership, Clients & Industries colleagues (including Marketing and Insights) and a range of other stakeholders.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The FS CPM Assistant Manager works alongside the CPM Acting Lead and the FS Business Partner to ensure that the strategic client programmes and all client-related aspects of our C&I strategy are delivered consistently and accurately.
The CPM Assistant Manager plays a critical role in strengthening relationships and networks, to embed, deliver and track the impact of the FS plan, raise market/brand profile and convey Deloitte’s purpose and brand values in the market place, creating eminence and optimal brand positioning.
- Identify Industry and Business growth trends through financial analysis.
- Support the execution of our strategy by providing our UK FS Executive with the information they need to make strategic informed decisions about our Business.
- Key stakeholder responsibilities that include coordinating with the FS Business leads and account teams to manage our client programme, including tracking the opportunity pipeline to help identify market trends and insights.
- Support the preparation and execution of FS Executive meetings, Sector meetings and other important events, as required.
- Facilitate the development and delivery of consistent Industry/Sector level performance reports, presentations and activity updates.
- Contribute to the annual planning process, which includes maintaining timelines, manipulating and reviewing data, and liaising with stakeholders to re-forecast and communicate plans across the year to underpin the firm’s growth.
- Support ad-hoc financial and qualitative information requests from the business.
- Facilitate the Lead Client Service Partner (LCSP) and Deloitte Relationship Manager (DRM) networks, including the delivery of managed communications, development plan and fostering a sense of community.
- Work with and promote our Deloitte assets teams, including Transition Labs, Greenhouses, Distinctive Client Experience (DCE) and Client feedback.
- Provide assistance in the management of budgets relating to Industry investment funding.
- Develop internal communications as well as maintaining our intranet and SharePoint sites.
- Highlight links between Financial Services and other parts of the business to ensure integration across the firm.
- Take on requests and strategic initiatives to provide client insight and customised reports.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Celebrate success and contribute to team building activities.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a full-time, 12 month fixed term contract/secondment opportunity.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Excellent communication skills are necessary - in particular a high level of written and spoken English. Must be comfortable interacting with senior Deloitte partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work to deadlines.
- Strong data gathering, manipulation and summarising skills.
- Highly skilled in Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Be a self-starter who shows initiative, identifies opportunities and successfully executes.
- A strong team player - needs to be flexible, proactive and resourceful, and show evidence of working with others to get things done, specifically across a matrix structure.
- Has a broad perspective of potential issues encountered when working in diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; has a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
- Strong commercial awareness of relevant issues and an understanding of Deloitte and the professional services market.
- Passion for, and understanding of, the Financial Services industry, the Deloitte brand and professional services.
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 170620