Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper (3-4 days a week)
Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant - This North London based charity / not-for-profit organisation is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant to join its small finance team and work 3-4 days a week. The responsibilities are varied and you will play a key role in assisting the Finance Manager with the day to day running of the finance function. Key duties include:
- Accurate processing of data required to produce regular management accounts.
- Sales and purchase ledgers reconciled to the nominal ledger.
- Producing accounts to trial balance on a monthly basis, ensuring a reliable audit trail
- Processing the payroll for the group
- Maintenance of cash book and daily reconciliation with bank statements for sterling bank accounts and monthly for foreign currency bank accounts.
- Ensuring that accurate records are kept for the sales ledger and post sales invoices.
- Grants, donations and internal and external recharges.
- Preparation of month end journals and trial balance
- Ensuring that the general ledger reconciles to the management accounts extract.
- Assist the Financial Manager and the auditors on the preparation of annual accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
The successful candidate will be a capable part time Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant with strong relevant experience who is happy to work in a charity / not for profit business. Strong IT skills are also important as is the ability to communicate with a number of people in the organisation and some of its key departments. This is an excellent opportunity to join a diverse charity in a friendly working environment. The charity offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.