Charity Partnerships and Grants Officer, Part time 22.5 hours/wk
The ALMT are looking for the right candidate to develop and expand the Charity Partnerships and Grants Officer role into a permanent, stand alone, position from Jan 2021 when the Trust Director returns from maternity leave.
The ALMT is growing and with such exciting growth comes the ability to fund more projects and expand the charity partner portfolio. The Trust are looking for someone with experience of the third sector to manage and build new and existing relationships with small charities. This role will include visiting new and existing charity partner projects both in the UK and overseas. During the Trust Director’s maternity leave, the Charity Partnerships and Grants Office will have the full support of the Board of Trustees and contact with the Trust Director on agreed dates.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for the third sector, great time management, efficient administration skills and creative flair for communications.
Before applying, please take the time to familiarise yourself with the ALMT website.
Grant making, monitoring and evaluation (Approx 65% of job role in year one).
- Be the main point of contact for all existing and new grant recipients. Maintain and update ALMT grant making documents e.g. ALMT grant making guidelines, reporting guidelines and any templates used.
- Respond to grant enquiries and referrals of organisations from donors and the ALMT Board of Trustees. Conduct all due diligence on new and recurring applications including conducting face to face meetings and project visits.
- Working with the ALMT Partners Committee, review each application against eligibility and funding criteria, conduct meetings and/or phone calls before an application is presented before the Board of Trustees.
- To prepare all documentation for new partnerships including Memorandums of Understanding, for authorisation and payment by the Trust Director in accordance with trustees’ decisions and grant conditions.
- Send necessary grant agreement paperwork and follow up for successful applicants. Collate interim and final reports for Trustee Review and Evaluation.
- Develop the ALMT grant making financial commitments data management and maintain and update the shared filing system.
Legal and Compliance (Approx 5% of job role in year one).
- To enable the trustees to fulfil their responsibilities for the proper governance of the Trust, ensure that they receive advice and information in a thorough and timely manner.
- Assist the Trust Director in providing copy and images for the Annual Report for approval by the trustees. (May/June annually)
Administration and IT (Approx 10% of job role in year one).
- Take minutes at ALMT Trustees meetings.
- Prepare all granting information for Trustees meetings including proposals from applicants, reports and research findings.
- Organise venues and speakers for meetings as required.
- Manage and update the Trust’s partners pages on the ALMT website.
Fundraising and communications (Approx 10% of job role).
- Support the ALMT Trust Director in developing the ALMT’s Co-Funding Scheme including assisting in the organising of engagement events and creating marketing materials.
- Support the ALMT’s Trust Director on new and existing Corporate Partnerships.
- To organise and participate in some events out of office hours e.g. fundraising and publicity events.
- To act as a point of contact within the organisation for internal and external communications.
- To assist the Trust Director with copy and images for the production of e-newsletters and other forms of communication to ALMT supporters.
ALMT Pro-bono advice and Support Service (As required/if necessary).
- To maintain relationships and support charity partners through the ALMT pro-bono support scheme is desirable. The ability to utilise own skills and expertise to assist and support charity partners where needed and when appropriate is advantageous.
Maternity cover – Jan 2020-Jan 2021 (Approx 10% of job role).
- Maintain communication with ALMT corporate partners including assisting with the organisation of staff challenge events, fundraising and development of volunteering opportunities and charity speakers.
- Monitor the ALMT admin inbox and respond to any enquiries.
- Set dates for ALMT Trustee meetings and prepare the agenda and relevant paperwork with support from the ALMT Trust Director and ALMT Board of Trustees.
Please submit your CV and covering letter via the application method below.