Business Development Executive - open to flexible working
Job Description Summary:
To support the implementation of the marketing strategy and business development, to build profile and new business opportunities on a One Firm basis.
• supports the sector team with the implementation of the marketing strategy for all sectors and forms links with other service lines, sectors and market teams to avoid 'silo' activities
• provides project support to the team on initiatives and campaigns where necessary
• works with the digital team, to provide the business with appropriate, relevant and rapid turnaround e-communications for each sector and to ensure best use of the internet in marketing initiatives
• where required provides direct support with event management including exhibition support, seminars and dinners
• delivers effective internal communications around initiatives to ensure take-up and appropriate usage on the ground
• assistance with ad hoc requests that may require a tight turnaround eg adverts, presentation packs
• assisting in keeping the JAM and website pages up to date
• Works with the relevant business development teams to provide marketing support for a specific prospect and client targeting programme.
• Ensures appropriate follow up takes place after each sales/marketing activity.
• Acts as an 'ambassador' of the firm demonstrating knowledge of Grant Thornton products and services as well as sector/industry understanding.
• Develops contacts with Grant Thornton in other service lines.
• Supports and champions the firm's client care and client satisfaction programmes.
• Reviews relevant client satisfaction reports for the public sector to build understanding of issues or opportunities.
• Undertakes other duties or responsibilities that may be reasonably required from time to time.
• plays an active role in the Marketing and BD team and contributes to positive morale
• works collaboratively across all areas within the team to maximise our contribution to the firm and to clients
• acts as a role model for colleagues and provides constructive upward feedback to more senior colleagues
• works in line with the firm's CLEARR values, of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility
• seeks regular feedback and identifies and acts upon learning and development needs in order to develop technical and personal skills
• completes a timely performance review and personal development plan
Operations and results
• Provides regular reports for the Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing and BD as required.