Fund Proposition Specialist
Given the nature of this role, we are looking for candidates good all round knowledge of the Investment market and Fund Management Services. An understanding of fund governance would also be beneficial.
You will have a real opportunity to make a significant contribution to the Group’s vision to be the best bank for customers
We are looking to create a new team which will be responsible for ensuring we are compliant with the new FCA Asset Management Market Study guidelines. In particular this team will be responsible for undertaking the formal value assessment activity across our c100 fund propositions. Value Assessment activity will cover the criteria noted below and the successful candidates will be responsible for the end to end production of value assessment statements from collation of inputs, assessment of data, production of report/recommendations, taking through internal review/approval with senior management and publication: Quality of Service; Performance; Authorised Fund Manager Costs; Economies of Scale; Comparable market Rates; Comparable Services and Classes of Units.
- Work as part of a team undertaking annual reviews of our funds and assessing costs against service charges paid by fund investors. This involves analysing the impact of charges on fund performance and the investment returns to investors. Lead reviews and investigations which will result in recommendations for improvements to fund propositions, charging and service to investors.
- Produce detailed Value Assessments for each assessment criteria including, quality of the service provided to customers, analysing fund performance against objectives fund mandate, compare cost of service and charges with competitor funds.
- Liaise with and collate information from key business areas for analysis as part of the assessment.
- Present findings to senior management which will allow them to determine if our funds are delivering value to investors and recommend any improvements to the fund proposition for investors.
- Prepare high quality reports and presentations for senior management review and approval
- Manage a set workload ensuring all deadlines are met and any issues escalated
KEY CAPABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Demonstrate LBG values and behaviours, putting customer first, keeping it simple and making a difference together
- Drive and delivering results -experience working in a project environment would be useful but not essential
- Very strong communication skills. Ability to engage key stakeholders, influence and challenge effectively
- Sound analytical and presentation skills. Ability to provide insight and deliver key messages clearly and succinctly
- Strong organisational skills. Ability to manage multiple work packages, deadlines and competing priorities
- Good knowledge of Investment practices, products and investment strategies.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge (specifically Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience of using reports from market data providers is desirable (e.g. Morningstar, Financial Express data)