Test Analyst roles - Oxford - flexible with homeworking
Test Analyst roles (full-time with flexible options)
- Offices with Parking on the outskirts of Oxford
- Flexible working options considered for the right candidate
- £45-60k FTE DOE
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
We are looking for Test Analysts of various levels of experience.
You will be responsible for establishing formal software and electronic testing practice and set the precedent for testing moving forwards. You'll be developing and executing manual and automated tests making use of your QA experience to provide recommendations and directly influence the commercial success of the company's products. You will support the Engineering teams through development, as well as the Quality and Product teams in approving release schedules. You will manage the Testing Team which currently consists of a Mechanical Test Engineer but is expected to grow in-line with the Company.
Reporting into the Systems Team this is a hands-on role and you will hold operational responsibility for the testing programme in the company. This activity will include a wide range of testing methodologies and protocols to achieve verification and validation status to industry best practice. For the experienced Test Analyst roles, you will be responsible for all aspects of validation and design verification testing including accuracy, repeatability and that industry standards are always met.
You will be able to communicate with mechanical, electronic and software engineering teams to help ensure the technical specification is interpreted – for both the products themselves and testing requirements.
You will be responsible for:
• Development and management of the verification and integration testing plans for all software releases as well as other electronic subsystems.
• Day to day management of the Test Team and driving the development of the function within the system and integration team.
• Coordination of the preparation, verification and execution of testing to ensure compliance with all applicable system requirements
• Working with Quality, Engineering and Product teams to assess and approve development and release schedules.
• Development of Automated tests, associated test tools and devise new testing techniques as required, staying up to date with best practice.
• Build, manage and maintain automated testing systems including Unit, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, regression testing, Electronics Design Verification, Electronics/Software sub-system Integration testing and hardware based testing rigs.
• Support and management of a continuous integration environment to ensure that software sub-systems are regularly and thoroughly tested.
• Performing environmental, performance, system and regression testing of applications.
• Support for analysis and corrective maintenance of software anomalies.
• Achieving Test and Assurance targets in line with project milestones.
• Liaison with engineering teams regarding technical capabilities of products and provide advice on usability and function of the product identifying, developing, and implementing new test frameworks to adapt to new product lines
• Compiling rigorous and detailed test reports to meet product technical and regulatory requirements and inform our product development gate process.
• Processing large volumes of data with the ability to consolidate, interpret and present test data in a format suitable for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Providing test SME advice to the design and development activity in a range of multidisciplinary engineering teams
• Hold accountability for configuration management as well as accuracy and security of test data, supporting others with test protocols and techniques.
• Provide support to development of clear product specifications as required.
• Provide training and support to customers when required.
• Support field or on-site testing arrangements as required.
• Conducting any other support activities for company operations that can be reasonably expected for your role and experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Degree in computer science, electronics/electrical engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Significant and demonstrable test experience, including both manual and automated testing experience.
• A confident and accomplished communicator with strong influencing skills. Strong report writing experience, including in quick summary reports.
• Supervisory experience with the passion to develop the testing function into a flagship team.
• Unit and regression test planning experience.
• Experience working with systems developed in C++
• Experience with Software Version Control, particularly Git
• Experience using Continuous integration & continuous deployment frameworks (such as JIRA, Bamboo, Jenkins etc.), and experienced working with Agile.
• Experience and understanding of the software development lifecycle as well as testing complex systems involving electronics, software and mechanical design.
• A genuine problem solver with a commitment and focus on quality and rigour.
• A self-starter, with minimal oversight needed to complete assignments.