Technical Analyst, IT Onsite Support, Internal Services, Open to returners & flexible working
The emphasis is to provide a high-level of customer service to meet the needs of the business and to meet the objectives of the IT Department. The role involves working in a busy and lively office, which at times can be pressurised. The role would ideally suit someone with experience of working within a Technical role with good problem solving and excellent people skills. There is an occasional requirement that the successful candidate be willing to travel to other offices within the UK Firm during the working week.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
- Reports to Regional Supervisor
- Ensuring incidents are updated and customers receive support in a timely manner
- Second line software and hardware support to customers both office based and remote, including proactive advice and training
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction across the business
- Installation, configuration and administration of desktop and laptop PCs & tablets (including Apple MacBook’s), printer hardware, & mobility devices (Apple) remote tools
- Cable Management – Physical and admin
- Occasional travel to other UK offices to provide holiday/sickness cover
- Emphasis on taking initiative whilst following procedures and working with systems and processes
- Responsible for providing an extremely high level customer focused On-site support service to all members of the firm
- Event IT Support required onsite/offsite
- Dealing with Major Incidents & Problem Management escalations
- Regular liaison with hardware maintenance company to ensure equipment is repaired in accordance with maintenance agreement
- Regular liaison with internal and external technical/network engineers when necessary
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Regional office
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Working hours: Mon-Fri 09:00-17:30
Your professional experience
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a professional, friendly and approachable manner coupled with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels, even under pressure. They should also have a friendly and polite telephone manner and should be able to work using their own initiative and show attention to detail. Applicants should have a knowledge and understanding of the following key applications and hardware:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1/10
- MAC El Capitan OS
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Skype for Business 2013
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Familiesfor the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Requisition code: 168219