Compliance Caseworker - Tax Professional / Operational Delivery, Full time or part time (flexible)
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is looking for people with a passion for investigative work, and an ambition to progress in an analytical and investigatory career.
Compliance Caseworkers have a vital part to play in the collection of tax that pays for schools, hospitals and the rest of the UK’s vital public services.
If you have a craving for varied and challenging work, and enjoy working as part of a diverse team and organisation, helping to challenge, prevent, and correct customer tax evasion and non-compliance - this role is for you
As a Caseworker, you need to embody HMRC’s values: Innovation, Integrity, Professionalism, and Respect.
We recruit on merit after fair and open selection, and we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
The majority of available roles will be offered on a 5/7 contract. For more information about what this means, please click 'Apply'.
So, what does being a Caseworker involve?
- Working in HMRC’s Customer Compliance Group, in either a Tax Professional or Operational Delivery role
- Using an investigative approach to establish facts
- Carrying-out quality compliance checks to cast a light on the dishonest minority cheating the system
- Looking into the tax affairs of customers, big and small- from multinational companies to individual citizens. You’ll be reviewing, analysing, and interrogating customer data, records, and case files
- You’ll also be responsible for helping customers understand the importance of paying the correct tax to prevent future evasion and non-compliance.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and tenacity
- Capable of working individually and as part of a team to promote a positive and energetic working environment.
Please click 'Apply' for further details and to submit your application.