Compliance Caseworker - Tax Professional / Operational Delivery, Full time or part time (flexible)
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is looking for people with a passion for investigative work, and an ambition to progress in an analytical and investigatory career.
Compliance Caseworkers have a vital part to play in the collection of tax that pays for schools, hospitals and the rest of the UK’s vital public services.
You'll need excellent analytical skills since you’ll be reviewing, analysing, and interrogating intelligence, customer data, records, and case files.
We interact with all kinds of people from businesses to individuals. Almost everyone comes into contact with us at some point, which means good interpersonal skills are a requirement: our work is as much about people as it is about money.
We recruit on merit after fair and open selection, and we encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates.
The majority of available roles will be offered on a 5/7 contract. For more information about what this means, please click 'Apply'.
Working in HMRC’s Customer Compliance Group, your responsibilities will/could include:
- Conducting compliance checks to make sure everyone – from multi- national companies to individual citizens – are paying the right amount of tax
- Reviewing, analysing, and interrogating intelligence, customer data, records, and case files, and deciding on the appropriate response
- Providing risk, intelligence, and technical support solutions to teams across HMRC
- Directly engaging with various customers and businesses, across a range of locations, sometimes outside of traditional hours – so a willingness to travel and get out of the office is a requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and tenacity
- Sound judgement, as you’ll be working within the boundaries of legislative and policy driven guidance
- Capable of working individually and as part of a team to promote a positive and upbeat working environment.
Please click 'Apply' for further details and to submit your application.