Technical PM & Scrum Master, Risk Advisory, Open to flexible working
The Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master within the Solutions Factory team is a member of the Project management team responsible for the delivery and implementation of innovative technology projects for RA products and propositions. The Technical PM/ Scrum Master leads on the delivery approach for solutions built by the SF or implementation partners. They work using methodologies across the spectrum of Agile and Waterfall type approaches as appropriate for the work assigned.
Additionally, they support the transformation programme to adopt Dev Ops and Agile methodologies within the Solutions Factory.
- Ownership of medium to large scale projects such as strategically important, complex and/ or including stakeholder management.
- Accountable for project planning of their assigned projects / solutions and providing advice and mentoring to others with an element of project management or agile within their role.
- Where taking up the Scrum master role on projects – responsible for agile ceremonies such as backlog refinement, sprint planning, retrospectives etc.
- Excepted to follow (and help improve) project management standards including frameworks and templates use of tooling best practice Leading the evolution of project delivery practices and processes.
- Work with product managers/owners and analysts to translate business requirements into a realistic action plan and/or Stories and Sprint goals.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Responsible for balancing the need to deliver to timescales against budgets and quality.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Cardiff, Reading, London, Remote
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Demonstrable experience in a technical project management or co-ordination/ delivery role
- A growth mind-set in relation to risk and innovation, with the capacity and ability to try new and innovative ways to manage processes, procedures and governance of propositions;
- Technical delivery exposure to the delivery of innovative propositions into operations
- Ideally experience effectively managing multi-disciplinary teams with dependencies when working across departmental boundaries and local, remote and near/off shore teams
- Desirable – broad experience across different software development methodologies including Agile (Scrum, Kanban etc.) methodologies and exposure to dev ops culture
- Desirable - experience of one or more other software delivery roles such as Business Analysis, Development, Testing or Operations – and able to play a multi-disciplinary role
- Desirable – exposure to projects leveraging Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and/or Cloud technologies.
Your service line
We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLRSKA CFTECH
Deoitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 171603