Transaction Accountant - Part-time, 3 days/week (12 month FTC)
Job title: Transaction Accountant (part-time 3 days/week)
Reports to: Manager - Purchases and Expenses Control
- Maintain up to date and accurate accounting records in EDFT financial systems
- Challenge, maintain, operate and review internal controls and processes
- Overhead payments
- Process employee expense claims
- Issue Intercompany Recharges
- Cash postings and allocations
- Completion of multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Monitor unallocated cash report
- Assist with on-going departmental projects and ad-hoc tasks/reporting
- Assist with the approval of Purchase Orders.
- General office administration
Your skills and experience:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft, must have good Excel skills
- Understanding of basic accounting functions (AP/AR)
- General ledger experience (SUN Systems beneficial)
- Experience with BACS and Cross Border Payments
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Must be studying towards AAT, ACCA, ACA, CIMA (or other relevant equivalent) or already qualified.
- Good numerical analysis skills
- Good communication skills within team, this is particularly important as this role is a job share
- Confident dealing with a range of internal stakeholders ranging in seniority
- throughout the business.
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- Must be confident working independently when required
- Proactive with high levels of self-motivation
- Desire to learn and develop
- Confidence to ask questions
Hours of work: 8:30am – 5:30pm Wednesday to Friday
About EDF Trading:
EDF Trading is a leader in the international wholesale energy markets. The company manages a portfolio of assets which give it the ability to source, supply, transport, store, blend and convert physical commodities around the world. These capabilities enable EDF Trading to deliver essential asset optimisation services, risk management and wholesale market access to the EDF Group and its third party customers, helping them to realise the value inherent in their asset portfolios.
EDF Trading is active in the electricity, natural gas, LNG, LPG, coal and freight and environmental products markets. It is one of the largest wholesale market traders in Europe for power and gas and one of the leading marketers of gas and power in the US. Its affiliate, EDF Energy Services is one of the main providers of generation services for power generation companies in the US and a leading US energy retailer for large commercial and industrial customers. In 2017, EDF Trading broadened the scope of its coal and freight activities in the form of a minority (33%) stake in JERA Trading, one of the leading utility backed global coal traders.
EDF Trading is a 100% owned subsidiary of EDF, one of the world’s biggest electricity generators.
EDF Trading has around 800 employees with key offices in London, Paris, Singapore, Houston and Calgary.