Developer, Business Applications, Internal Services, full time (open to flexible working)
You will work on a variety of projects and be presented with the challenge of determining at a detailed level how an array of applications will be integrated across both cloud and on-premise. Further, you will be hands-on in leading aspects of the integration development and reviewing the work of others to ensure it is well written, secure and robust.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome. If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know
Your role will focus on helping our internal teams architect and develop solutions which meet business requirements to integrate several applications. You will work closely with multiple stakeholders, including Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Developers and Testers across the whole project lifecycle. You will provide technical direction to other team members and deliver high quality software.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing integration solutions that meet business requirements.
- Liaising with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and with Solution Architects on function and technical designs.
- Supporting the Delivery Lead / Project Manager with scoping and estimation of development efforts.
- Working collaboratively with test teams during the Product test and UAT phases to fix assigned bugs.
- Coding, testing and debugging complex applications, enforcing coding standards and performing code reviews.
- Ensuring quality of coded components by performing thorough unit testing.
- Guiding and mentoring team members within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent, full time opportunity.
Your professional experience
- NET (C#) and .NET framework application development experience
- Understanding of methodologies such as Agile and Scrum
- Strong understanding of design patterns and SOLID principles
- Demonstrated experience of integrating multiple complex systems, using a wide range of tools and techniques including the use of an enterprise service bus and messaging
- Experience working as a developer or an application architect through system development, migrations, updates or implementations
- Ability to perform code and design reviews
- Demonstrated understanding of code analysis, code conversation and automated testing tools
- Experience working within software development or SaaS / cloud architecture groups
- Working knowledge of DevOps/Application Lifecycle Management tools, particularly Visual Studio Team Services and JIRA, automation and methodologies used to deploy solutions within a Cloud platform and on-premises
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect and/or Azure Certified
- You have worked as part of an agile development team and have used Visual Studio Team Services to manage development from end-to-end
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with database design
- Demonstrated understanding of tool based modernisation, including code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
- Understanding of security best practices and automating these standards as part of the release process
- MSc in Computer Science or similar
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.