Senior Manager - Compliance, Open to flexible working
What's the challenge?
Comparethemarket.com are looking for a highly experienced Compliance Senior Manager to help lead and grow our risk and compliance team with a primary focus on supporting our Mortgage and Money product teams (credit cards, loans, savings and current accounts). This is an exciting, high profile opportunity to act as a compliance business partner to key areas of growth in our business.
This is a new role reporting to the Risk and Compliance Director, a member of the CTM Executive. You will provide expert compliance advice, support and challenge to the management team on business activities, projects and strategic deliverables. You will focus on delivering great customer outcomes and ensuring we meet our regulatory responsibilities and operate within risk appetite.
This is a 1st line of defence role which provides for close working relationships with the business, to cultivate and embed a compliance and conduct aware culture throughout Comparethemarket.com. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of building strong relationships while maintaining independence and challenge.
You will form part of an existing high performing management team of Risk and Compliance professionals and be expected to contribute your expertise and enthusiasm to the wider team goals and objectives. The team is well regarded and already form a key part of business decision making across the organisation.
You'll operate effective processes and controls in respect of relevant regulatory risks, and be expected to deliver high quality reporting and insight to Senior Management.
What will it take?
- GCSEs/A-levels or equivalent and relevant compliance qualification(s)
- Extensive knowledge of the FCA, regulatory regime and compliance landscape, including other in-scope regulators
- Knowledge of the Open Banking environment and relevant technical and regulatory requirements
- You'll have in-depth understanding of the financial services industry and commercial environment.
- Proven experience in a similar role with specific knowledge of Money and Mortgage markets
- You'll have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- You're highly collaborative with excellent business partnering and stakeholder management
- Proven leadership experience
- Experience of successfully operating in a growth and fast paced business with the ability to balance commercial objectives and customer outcomes
- Excellent written and presentation, organisational and time management skills
Why choose us?
You'll have heard of Compare the Market and the meerkats no doubt - we're one of the UK's most loved brands and regularly produce award winning creative. We're a diverse and talented team of passionate professionals and the opportunities to develop and grow are unrivalled. You'll be part of something special - helping to keep our customers lives simples.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We're growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Compare the Market, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10 million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas - supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it's working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.