Internal Engagement Manager, Pharmaceuticals, Open to flexible working
GSK is a global healthcare company on a mission. Come and join us.
Our goal is to be one of the most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies and we are mean business, with business development and new partnerships to help develop the next generation of medicines for patients, and a joint venture to create a premier global consumer healthcare company with a portfolio of iconic brands. With our future intention to demerge the Consumer Healthcare business, we are moving forward on a pathway to create a new global Pharmaceuticals/Vaccines company, and a new world-leading Consumer Healthcare company.
We have a manager-level opportunity in the Global Internal Engagement team for GSK's Pharma business and we are looking for an experienced, highly accountable professional, with a passion for science, business and making a difference. Reporting to the Head of Global Internal Engagement, you will be part of a small team working to inspire and engage a Pharma organisation of more than 60,000 employees around the world, working in partnership with communications colleagues in our Commercial, R&D and Supply Chain business units. The team's remit includes shaping the Pharma story for corporate internal communications as well.
The Global Internal Engagement team has a unique position in Pharma. Working alongside communicators who are aligned to the operational business, this small team sets out to bring our ambition, strategy and performance to life with creativity and fresh approaches and by providing meaning and context to deepen understanding of the business and strengthen their sense of connection with the patients we serve.
This is particularly important when it comes to Innovation, one of GSK's three strategic priorities, where our success in bringing differentiated new medicines to patients over the next two to three years will reshape our pharma portfolio and have a bit impact on the long term prospects of the company.
We're looking for an experienced, professional internal communicator to join us, bringing expertise in the communication of science and technology to employees and helping us to find new ways to build pride and confidence in GSK's innovation, brands and Pharma business.
- Develop communications strategies and content aligned with Pharma business priorities
- Create and deliver assets to support internal engagement campaigns - written, video and graphic
- Collaborate with communicators and subject matter experts from R&D, Supply Chain, Commercial and functions to produce engaging content
- Manage newsflow through our digital channels - Your GSK News (corporate newsletter), Workplace (GSK social media platform), etc.
- Support transformation and organisational change programmes, usually at global level
- Support the planning, content development and delivery of flagship events when required, including leadership conferences, global webcasts and town halls
To be successful in this role you will:
- Enjoy working flexibly in this small, agile team, with energy and a "can-do" attitude
- Create strong, engaging written content for a range of employee audiences
- Have a high level of interest to learn about the Pharmaceuticals business and what makes the organisation tick
- Bring passion and experience in channels, content and metrics to help to continuously improve the output of the team (channels include Populo, intranet, video, webcasts, Workplace)
- Challenge and influence stakeholders, peers to get to the right outcome for employees, in line with GSK Values and Expectations
- Enjoy building productive working relationships and co-creating great communications as part of an international community of GSK communicators
Education and experience:
- Educated to degree level
- Proven track record in professional internal communications roles
- Experience in healthcare and multi-national organisations an advantage
This role will be based at GSK Headquarters in Brentford, West London.
Please ensure you apply before 17th of Sep 2019 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- As above.
- As above.
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.