Finance Manager Fixed Term Maternity Cover, Part time 2-3 days/wk (flexible working considered)
Location: Old Street, London
Start Date: Early to mid Nov
Gross Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 FTE. This will be pro rata for the number of days the person works for. We are open to a more senior candidate earning the higher end of the salary bracket on fewer days but also someone with less experience working more days at the lower salary end.
Job Type: Fixed term contract Nov 19 - Feb 20 Part-time 2 - 3 days (flexible working also considered)
Apps for Good is an award-winning charity that is powering young people to change their world with technology. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve reached over 170,000 students in more than 1,500 schools globally, helping young people learn to turn bright ideas into real technology products.
Apps for Good is supported by over a thousand technology and business professionals who serve as expert volunteers for our students, as well as world-class tech industry partners and foundations/trusts including LEGO, Spotify, BNY Mellon, Vodafone and Capgemini.
With offices based in Old Street, Central London, we are a charity with a start-up mindset. We are a highly ambitious and energetic team yet we remain close-knit and friendly, all passionately sharing our belief in Apps for Good’s mission and values.
If you believe in the power of technology and education, then you will be the perfect fit.
Apps for Good is looking for a qualified accountant with finance management experience to provide maternity cover for our Finance Manager. You’ll play a core role on the AfG team, working with the CEO and supporting our Finance and Admin Assistant to oversee all aspects of our financial procedures and ensure the smooth running of our day-to-day finance.
- Manage finance function, including budgeting, forecasting, quarterly management accounts and year end accounts
- Work with business development team on project budgets and reporting
- Cashflow management
- Liaise with external auditors and HMRC
- Support Finance and Admin Assistant with overseeing payroll and weekly payment runs
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with at least 2-3 years post qualification experience
- Excellent problem solving and strong management skills, particularly in relation to communication and team working
- Advanced Excel skills using pivot tables and linking many spreadsheets together
- Track record of controlling accounting and financial analysis
- Knowledge and experience of charity accounting/SORP desirable but not essential
- Thorough working knowledge of IT, accountancy, budgeting and accounting software, experience of Xero accounting package an advantage
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 30th September 2019
Interview Dates: Phone screening: on rolling basis from time of live advert to closing date First Interview: anticipated Tuesday 8th October Second Interview: anticipated Tuesday 15th October (Face to face interviews in our London based office)