Senior Assistant, HR Services, HR Administration, Open to returners & flexible working
The Practice Support Services requires a Senior Assistant to support the HR Administration team within the HR Services function. The primary function of this role is providing responsive, flexible, high quality, customer focused HR administrative support from point of contact/query handling through to full case ownership and resolution. You will support the implementation of harmonised ways of working throughout the next stages of the development of HR Services as a whole. As we focus on delivering a best in class service to our internal customers, we are now further aligning our services by bringing together first line support and case management. This will enable our people to engage with HR Services more easily, for cases to be managed in the most efficient way possible and to enable the team to take ownership in managing these cases through to resolution. The HR Services team totals 184 people, 113 of whom are based in Milton Keynes and 71 of whom are based in Hyderabad, India, all as part of the Practise Support Services.
The team support the UK and Swiss Firms comprising of approximately 20,000 employees (including Partners) based across 24 UK and 6 Swiss offices. We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Be the first point of contact for our customers via phone, web chat, email and self-service providing high quality advice and guidance on a wide aspect of HR activities.
- Provide a client focused experience through the timely and accurate management of HR queries and administrative processes, such as (but not limited to):
- Reward and payroll.
- Onboarding processes.
- Leave of Absence
- Flexible working.
- Filing and other general administration processes.
- Ensure all SAP related actions or updates are completed accurately, in time for payroll deadlines and in line with procedural guidelines.
- Support the development and maintenance of HR Online (the internal knowledge management tool).
- Take responsibility for keeping up to date on Deloitte policy and process developments.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate Data Protection legislation at all times.
- Contribute to wider projects and initiatives within HR Services, as required.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
About Practice Support Services
You will be part of Practice Support Services (PSS). PSS and its teams partner with the business internally to deliver a range of high-quality business administration and advisory services across a number of operational areas, including Engagement Support Services (ESS), HR Services and Pensions.
Underpinning PSS is its Projects and Operational Excellence (POpEx) function, ensuring the delivery of consistent high quality services across the business and supporting the delivery of projects, change and new services – locally, regionally and beyond.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Milton Keynes
Suggested work pattern: Shift pattern between 8am – 6pm Monday - Friday
Your professional experience
- Has a thorough understanding of HR Shared Service processes and workflows
- Ability to interpret and manipulate data and to articulate information appropriately to the relevant audience through the appropriate medium.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite, including extensive experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to analyse data, see the bigger picture and to effectively solve problems and overcome barriers
- Displays a professional approach at all times, and demonstrates a high level of integrity
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of risk identification and the ability to escalate when appropriate
- Promotes a culture of transparent feedback
- Is able to assess own workload and act with urgency when necessary
- Follows appropriate policies and processes and guides others
- Previous experience within a team environment, preferably from within an HR function or HR shared service environment
- Knowledge of SAP or similar HR systems is desirable
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support services National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166231