Senior Consultant - HR M&A Transaction Services, People Advisory Services, Open to flexible working
Do you want to be challenged, inspired and deliver real impact? Do you want to work at pace and drive global delivery? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We’re looking for a Senior Consultant to join our HR M&A team, where we are currently experiencing unprecedented growth.
You will be part of a high performing, dynamic team with a global outlook and an inclusive culture.
As a Senior Consultant in the HR M&A team you will be offered a diverse and fulfilling career; you will have the opportunity to work with a range of clients on large and small-scale projects across multiple sectors and industries. You will benefit by working with a variety of experienced teams across multiple geographies, in a fast-paced environment that can help you accelerate your career path, wherever that may take you.
In the HR M&A team we focus on advising and supporting clients through the complete deal cycle, providing a range of sell and buy-side HR/People related services to clients. We contribute to and validate the deal price pre-deal and support in the realisation of deal synergies post-deal.
Our services cover the entire deal cycle from HR due diligence, day one readiness (including reward elements such as retention, the impact of share based plans and other employee benefits) to post-merger integration and post deal value enhancement such as organisation design, consultation planning and execution and culture change initiatives. The team works on engagements for UK, European & Global organisations and private equity houses across the deal cycle.
These engagements are often complex and fast-paced due to the nature of the deal timelines in ensuring adherence to statutory and anti-trust regulations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support the project in addressing HR Transactions/People related matters through all stages of acquisition, divestiture and merger
- Structure and manage projects of work which meet and exceed client expectations
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Review and perform report writing, project planning, data analysis, and development of presentation material
- Analyse data and present high quality, risk-managed reports/conclusions including client and executive presentations in various formats - this will also include delivery and presentation of such reports to clients
- Work with key project leader to manage and maintain client relationship
- Ensure that all client work is delivered consistently, complying with EY's Q&RM guidelines
- Working collaboratively with other M&A service lines in EY
To qualify for the role you must have
The current teams have a different range of expertise across the HR M&A deal lifecycle. Therefore, we are looking for both specialists in the some of the areas highlighted above and below, also those with broader M&A experience.
- Strong HR M&A deal background such as HR Due Diligence, post-deal integration and post deal value enhancement such as organisation design.
- Proven Commercial HR experience from private, public sector or consulting
- Strong project management, presentation and stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience of employee retention, compensation and benefits programmes is ideal but not essential
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills and data manipulation and presentation, such as through MS Excel tools
Skills and Attributes for success
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Collaborative, good at building relationships
- Ability to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Able to manage stakeholder and client relationships in a fast paced and complex environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience of producing high calibre reports, papers, presentations
- Frequently and effectively leverage internal and external knowledge, experience and relationships to identify new opportunities
- Regularly brings ideas and insights to clients that provide value, help address risk and support the deal lifecycle
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A primary degree and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications are desirable but not critical e.g. CIPD
- Experience of working on projects gained working within a professional services firm, global consultancy firm and/or large private and/or public sector organisations
What we look for
We have many clients from various sectors talking to us about how can they assess, attract and nurture individual talent engagingly in varying contexts.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate real impact within various areas of PAS for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool.
About People Advisory Services (PAS)
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Our team draws on their people, operational and technical skills to deliver a suite of service offerings focused on our client’s people agenda across our HR and people capabilities to include Organisation Change Management and Design, HR Processes, HR Transformation, Transaction Support, Policies and Strategy, HR Operating and Delivery Model, Reward, Leadership Development and Employment Law.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us. Make your mark.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.