Customer Service Adviser, part time, 27-28 hours per week
We are recruiting for Customer Service Advisers to join our award-winning Contact Centre based in Birmingham city centre.
The roles available are for part time working hours (ranging between 27-28 hours per week) on a fixed term contract basis. Ideally, we are looking for those part time hours to be worked over continuous days, e.g. Tues - Thurs.
To get real insight into who the team are and what they do, please watch this short video:
What we offer
- An opportunity to be part of an award-winning team that are committed to quality and excellent customer service
- Skills progression and training
- Work life balance - operate in core business hours with no evening or weekend work
- Salary progression - £17,094 rising to £19,664 per annum once fully trained.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) is the independent regulatory body of the Law Society in England and Wales. It regulates solicitors, firms and other individuals.
The Contact Centre team is the first point of contact for all the SRA's customers; including solicitors, students and members of the public. We are open Monday - Friday, 8am to 6pm.
During our busiest time, you can expect to take 70 inbound calls per day, as well as making occasional outbound calls and responding to emails and letters. If you are passionate about customer service and thrive in a fast paced, challenging yet rewarding environment and have a natural aptitude for explaining complex information easily, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for confident, customer focused, and IT literate individuals with a strong customer service background. You do not need to have previous Contact Centre experience or a background in law to apply. What we are looking for are very motivated and customer focused team members.
Full time work hours are 35 hours per week, on a rotating shift pattern of 8am - 4pm, 9am-5pm and 10am-6pm.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an award winning and high performing customer services team!
What we are looking for
- Educated to at least GCSE level (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Ability to build rapport, deliver empathy and explain complex information clearly
- Ability to work flexibly in a changing environment, make quick decisions and manage your own workload
- Confident IT skills using Microsoft applications and customer information systems
- Experience of phone-based customer service work (desirable)
We offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package, a friendly working environment in a great city centre location, and opportunity to develop your career in a well-recognised, dynamic and professional organisation. There are also lots of training and skills progression opportunities to develop you in your role.
The closing date for applications is midnight of Sunday 22 September.
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be invited to an assessment day; the assessment days will take place on 2, 3 and 4 October.
The assessment process will include: a competency-based interview, telephone role plays, email creation test and a spelling test.
The start date for this role will be Monday 4 November.
To apply for this role, please click on the apply button and complete our online application process. You should upload a CV and cover letter clearly highlighting how you meet the required knowledge, skills and experience, to give you the best chance of being shortlisted. This process is best done via a PC or laptop.
Alternatively, if you want to find out more about the organisation, team, role or our culture email us on and we will arrange a call in confidence.