National Account Executive - open to flexible working
The NAE role provides an opportunity to work with Diageo’s largest Global Customer and world’s biggest retailer, while learning how the Grocery Channel operates from customer negotiations to store executions to average working capital management.
- Managing internal & external performance reporting across the portfolio
- Analysing promotional strategies and deriving insights from the data to determine future activity
- Leading the innovation/NPD agenda with regards to information flow, strategy & performance updates, internal and for the customer.
- Central project support for multiple category initiatives such as store shrink solutions (anti-theft) and total beverage alcohol category data analytics
- Within 3-6 months depending on development, you will manage part of the P&L. This will involve meticulous planning and execution of a promotional strategy and accurate forecasting of volume & spend, managing the brands throughout the monthly cycle.
- Leading the delivery of our cash performance objectives through analysis and audit of customer investment claims and communication with our credit control teams who are based internationally.
- Successful activation of high impact activity plans based on analysis and core insight into customer strategy, shoppers and consumers
- Activities within the agreed JBP (joint business plan) are delivered with focus on 100% implementation to maximize the return on investment to deliver the required brand and profit targets
- Detailed tracking and analysis of financial performance ensuring targets are successfully reached through necessary course correction as required
- Actioning insights derived from the data to drive business performance.
Decision maker for
- Business Performance Management: Determining the account level best view forecast submission in partnership with National Accounts Managers
- Customer Value chain management: Determining the best opportunities to manage cost and maximise value at an account level
- Resolution and closure of all customer claims and dispute
- Accurate and timely approval of rebates, invoice claims and deductions
- Managing all field sales communications and engagement
Essential qualifications / experience required
- Proven sales experience, commercial or relevant management experience
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to compile & collate data to derive insight and action
- Excellent relationship-building and communication skills
- Good commercial understanding, P&L literacy - strong numerical skills.
- Ability to interact and influence at multiple levels