Team Manager - Investigations, part time, 28-35 hours per week
- Contract Type
Are you an excellent people manager who has experience in managing a team of Case Workers or Investigators?
Our Investigation team are looking for a number of Team Leaders to join us.
What's in it for me
- Lead and manage a team of Investigation Officers providing quality advice and case direction.
- Showcase your people management skills by supporting and developing your team to become excellent, customer focused Investigators, working to the highest standards.
- Be part of the Investigation and Supervision leadership team and implement changes and improvements.
- Work collaboratively with other areas of our organisation to take action to protect the public.
Team Leaders have an integral role in leading and managing our teams of Investigation Officers who are at the forefront of assessing and investigating reports about misconduct and regulatory breaches.
As one of around fifteen Team Leaders you will manage between six and 10 Officers providing support and development to team members.
In our Assessment and Early Resolution team, Investigation Officers collate, analyse and assess detailed information. Which can involve constructive engagement over the telephone. With those who have taken prompt remedial action, we will conclude some matters by providing guidance. The most serious issues are passed to Investigation Officers in our Investigation teams. Individuals in these teams own a portfolio of between 30 to 40 investigations at any one time.
This is a people management position which will require you to use your soft skills to nurture your team to develop and become high performers. You will give support and guidance to make sure quality results are delivered against set objectives/KPIs and that exceptional levels of customer experience are demonstrated.
Working with senior management you will successfully deliver organisational change programmes and identify and deliver improvements within the Unit.
We currently have vacancies for Team Leaders in both our Assessment and Early Resolution, and our Investigation teams
Working closely with your team you will develop an understanding of their individual needs, offering support and guidance where appropriate. You will have a strategic yet pragmatic input into your team's work, demonstrating excellent performance management skills to get the best from your Investigators.
You will have accountability and oversight of the progression and quality of assessments / investigations handled by your team and you will make sure that cases are managed on time and that quality standards are consistently high.
Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to challenge and influence key stakeholders at every level are key to being successful in this role.
What we're looking for
- A proven people manager, who can provide quality advice and training on relevant topics, supporting individual and team development.
- Motivate your team proactively, managing performance through coaching to improve standards and engage staff in their own development.
- A proactive decision maker, capable of identifying risks related to cases and individuals.
- A flexible and tenacious individual, able to adjust your priorities at short notice.
We welcome applicants who may be looking to achieve a balance between your personal and professional life. We are happy to discuss scope for flexible working arrangements prior to interview.
- If you would like to discuss the role, our culture or scope to work flexibly, we can arrange for this to happen - contact us to arrange a chat, in confidence at
- We are currently advertising this opportunity on a full or part time basis. Please apply according to your preference.
- Part time hours would allow for a minimum of 28 hours per week working across 4 days
Please click apply for further details and to make your application
Assessments and interviews for this role will take place between 30 September and 8 October 2019. A second stage will take place on 11 October 2019.