Part time Compliance and HR Officer
Compliance & HR Officer (part time)
This post has been created to address the increasing levels of regulatory compliance required by independent schools. The Compliance & HR Officer will advise the Head and the SLT on all aspects of regulatory compliance and other legal issues relating to the management of the school ensuring that appropriate records are maintained and policies put into practice. The post holder will also have responsibility for ensuring that the school carries out appropriate recruitment checks and for ensuring that suitable records including the Single Central Register are maintained.
This post reports to the Head. Flexible hours, approximately 40%. Competitive remuneration, dependent on experience and qualifications.
- To advise the Head and SLT on all aspects of regulatory and legal compliance and other legal issues relating to the management of the school.
- To provide written reports as required to the Head, SLT and governors
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head or Bursar
- To maintain the master list and library of school policies and handbooks
- To stay up-to-date with current relevant legislation and guidance, and inform and advise the Head, staff and governors of all relevant rules and guidelines set by the law and by agencies such as the Independent Schools Inspectorate
- To ensure that the school’s policies are fully compliant with all requirements, both legislative and of the Independent Schools Inspectorate
- To initiate, co-ordinate and track the review process for policies and handbooks, including by finalising the documents once they have been approved by the SLT
- To circulate and update policies and handbooks including on the school’s website, intranet and ISI portal
- To develop procedures and practices to ensure that all requirements, both legislative and of the Independent Schools Inspectorate, are met
- To ensure that procedures and practices are consistent across the school’s two sites
- To spread awareness of policies and promote the observation of practices and procedures designed to ensure compliance
- To identify non-compliance issues and report them to the Head
- To ensure that the school’s procedures and practices are fully compliant with all requirements, both legislative and of the Independent Schools Inspectorate
To keep up-to-date with current relevant legislation and guidance on recruitment checks and the SCR, and to inform and advise the Head, staff and governors of all relevant rules and guidelines set by the law and by agencies such as the Independent Schools Inspectorate
To ensure that the school’s policies, procedures and practices on recruitment checks and the SCR are fully compliant with all requirements
To monitor practice and to provide advice to staff involved in recruitment checks
To manage and oversee the administrative procedures for the recruitment of new staff in respect of safer recruitment and the SCR, including
- The carrying out of recruitment checks as needed by the school
- The maintaining of the school’s SCR , both in relation to new and historic appointments
- To prepare employment contracts and offer letters
- The maintaining of the school’s HR files (in so far as recruitment checks are concerned), both in relation to new and historic appointments
- To ensure that appropriate records are maintained to ensure compliance in all areas including safeguarding (recruitment and the Single Central Register) and, in collaboration with other colleagues, health and safety and data protection.
It is likely that the person appointed will have:
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to work methodically and precisely
- The ability to interpret legislation and other laid down procedures and be able to explain the requirements in simple, practical terms to non-specialists
- Excellent administrative skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and to be discreet
- The ability to think ahead and draw up schedules of review and follow up as necessary
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Confidence with the use of ICT
- A relevant legal qualification and experience (desirable, but not essential)
Please submit your CV and cover lettering via the application method below.
Apply for Part time Compliance and HR Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly