Development Coordinator (Coaching), part-time, 21 hrs/week
International Tennis Federation (ITF) is the world governing body of tennis. Founded in 1913, its purpose is to ensure the long-term growth and sustainability of the sport, delivering tennis for future generations in association with its 210-member nations. The ITF oversees the rules and regulations that govern international and national competition.
Overview of Development Department:
With the aim of raising the level of tennis worldwide and increasing the number of countries competing in mainstream international tennis, the ITF Development Programme includes a broad range of initiatives in less developed countries ranging from the grass roots to Grand Slams. Activities include ITF/GSDF touring teams, coach education, funding for junior and professional tournaments, funding for tennis facilities, travel grants for talented players, training centres, coach education, the supply of tennis equipment and the ITF Junior Tennis Initiative.
The Coaching Coordinator is responsible for administering coaches’ courses, conferences and related projects whilst providing effective service to ITF stakeholders within the Coaching pillar. The Coordinator also serves an assistant function to the Team Lead Coaching.
- Administer the day-to-day operations of the coaching area, including its courses, conferences, and related projects.
- Assist with the organisation of the non-technical content of the ITF conferences, course resources and tutor packs.
- Maintain the non-technical content of the ITF Coaching website, including articles and the calendar of events.
- Monitor and manage stock levels of coaching publications and reorder as necessary.
- Processing of remote staff monthly expenses
- Liaise and maintain positive relationships with the ITF Development Officers and Olympic Solidarity.
- Provide regular and frequent reports as requested by the Team Lead, Coaching.
- Attend meetings as directed by the Team Project Lead, Coaching.
In consultation and under the direction of the Senior Coordinator, responsible for administration of some of the 75+ ITF courses held each year, all pre and post course administration including logging of course costs and results processing. Updating non-technical resources and liaising with the National Association, Olympic Solidarity, the course tutor, and production of reports / articles (for the ITF Coaching website).
- Coaches Conferences
In consultation and under the direction of the Senior Coordinator, responsible for specific areas of administrative support for the Regional and Worldwide Coaches Conferences. The Coordinator will be responsible (specifically) for the administration process of the registration (building and maintaining event management platform) for this event.
- Course Resources and Publications
To update the ITF Tutors Packs (and related information on Coaching website and FTP site), to monitor the stock levels of ITF Coach Education publications and oversee the re-print process of titles, as required.
- Recognition of Coach Education Systems
To maintain accurate status records and issue approval documentation upon request.
- Research Grants
To organise payments and to maintain accurate status records.
- Excellent administrative skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook: essential; PowerPoint, web management, Cvent (or similar): advantageous but not essential)
- Fluent in both verbal and written English and French or Spanish
- Knowledge of another language would be advantageous
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously (event management experience would be advantageous)
- Ability to use simultaneous databases (Excel) with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to assimilate and impart information efficiently and accurately
- Professional attitude, good communication and people skills
- Proactive, ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Diplomatic, team player
- Knowledge of tennis and coaching advantageous but not essential
What we offer….
- Excellent salary plus discretionary bonus scheme
- Lunch is provided by the ITF (up to £8 per day) at on-site facilities
- 20 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (pro rata for number of days worked per week)
- Private Healthcare
- Group personal pension scheme / Life assurance (subject to conditions)
- Ride2Work (in conjunction with Evans Cycles)
- Free parking on site plus use of gym, classes and pool (small charge)
- Working hours: 21 hours per working week (of which Friday is mandatory)
Please see the attached job description and apply with your CV and covering letter via the application method below.
This job description should in no way be deemed a complete and definitive description of the job requirements. Responsibilities may be expanded or reduced at any time as deemed appropriate by management. A DBS check may be required of the successful applicant.