Accountant/Book-keeper (£35-40K FTE) 2 days per week, 3-6 mnth contract
Finance Professional: Accountant/Bookkeeper
- £35 - 40K FTE
- 2 days per week, 3-6 mnth contract
- Reporting to: Finance Controller
- London, Tower Hill
Our Client is a software company that provides technology to financial market participants to improve their workflow and liquidity by data aggregation, pre-trade information analysis, and execution facilitation.
Through their understanding of financial markets and experience of workflow development, they collaborate with their clients and third party providers to create ideas and products that facilitate market function. Additionally, the company acts as a utility, bringing infrastructure to some of the world’s largest fixed-income participants to help them turn complex data systems into actionable knowledge. They enable investors and liquidity providers to trade with increased speed, greater efficiency and at lower cost.
They are a market neutral system provider, using their expertise in technological facilitation to improve liquidity and efficiency in the market.
Founded in 2012, the company is headquartered in London with offices in New York and Hong Kong.
Initial Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in the smooth running of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes.
- Ensuring sales are invoiced and monies received in line with agreed terms.
- Processing of supplier invoices, credit card payments and expenses
- Scanning of invoices, filing and general administration
- Resolving supplier queries
- Creating and posting journals
- Assist in evaluation and development of internal processes and procedure for AP and AR
- Establishing good relationships with suppliers and internal parties
- All other accounts duties as required
We are looking for a friendly and helpful person showing a commitment to a career in accounting / finance, with the following skills / attributes.
- A confident user of excel, able and willing to use new systems
- Must have strong Accounts Payable Experience
- Process oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivation is critical
- Qualified accountant is desirable