Receptionist & Student Services Officer (Evenings)
The Student Services Officer will support the Head of Admin in ensuring the highest professional service standards are provided in relation to all administrative and academic support services. You will also serve in a supporting role in providing information, advice and guidance on college welfare services.
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 6pm to 9pm, term-time only (12 hours/week). There may be opportunity for additional hours by mutual agreement.
- Student Support/Administration: On a daily basis, support and guide students regarding their timetable, grades, submission and resubmission of assignments, attendance, progression files and course registration. Deal with telephone, personal and email enquiries. Meeting face-to-face with students to give general support and advice.
- VLE (Moodle) - Provide support to students with uploading assignments and helping them how to check feedback (training provided).
- Tutor support: Printing/copying and filing where necessary. Tracking and supporting academic activity.
- Attendance: Prepare/review daily register reports, monitor implementation, monitor student’s attendance on a daily basis, contact/chase absent students and issue appropriate warnings. Produce weekly attendance reports for the Registrar.
- File Management: Ensure student records (College database) are up-to date and complete and in line with GDPR guidelines (training provided).
- Library: Assisting with book loans and maintaining records of books borrowed by students.
- Supporting the Senior Officer with all relevant day-to-day admin tasks
- Admissions: Supporting the admissions team by assisting with the enrolment process of students and providing admin support on induction days.
- General: The above duties are subject to change at the discretion of the College and shall include other reasonable responsibilities as the College may from time to time assign.
Apply with your CV and covering letter via the application method below.