Part-time Finance Manager / Bookkeeper (2 days/wk)
Our client is an independent, boutique investment firm with a focus upon sustainability.
This is a newly created role in the Finance team, currently made up of 5 people look after the firm’s accounting function. This role reports into the Finance Director.
- Matching, checking and coding invoices for the UK and overseas
- Setting up supplier payments
- Processing partner and staff expenses including verification that claims are in line with policy
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Monitoring bank balances on a daily basis and recommending cash movements to ensure balances remain at appropriate levels
- Preparing bank reconciliations on a periodic basis for all partnership bank accounts
- Assisting with various team requirements including preparation of statutory accounts; calculation of PAYE Settlement Agreement figures; reviewing inter-company balances; preparing cost breakdowns to respond to business queries; assistance in producing team budgets.
Qualifications & Experience
A successful, dynamic, independent person that is looking for a role that demands focus and a strong ability to prioritise actions. They must be highly team focused, proactive and have demonstrated a commitment to working in a controlled environment.
- Previous proven experience of working in a similar bookkeeping role, with experience of the financial services sector or an international business an advantage.
- Excellent organisation, ability to work under pressure and to prioritise workload.
- Demonstrates a good use of initiative, combined with a practical clear-headed approach in relation to problem solving.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A confident, personable and professional manner.
- Strong intellect, analytical skills and an eye for detail. Ability to think creatively and work independently
- An accountancy qualification would be an advantage but is not essential, as is knowledge of Sage.