Strategic Pursuits Manager - open to flexible working
Our Pursuits team advises and coaches the firm in winning work across all sectors and service lines.
You will provide support, guidance and challenge on the strategy and approach teams take to win key pursuits across the firm. This will span the full pursuits cycle, and include providing support and advice on:
- Pre-tender strategy and tactics development
- drafting/reviewing tender documents
- project management of bids
- scoping meetings
- rehearsing and coaching presentation teams
- conducting client debriefs.
You will also ensure our self-service portal and templates are fit for purpose and continuously evolving to meet market needs.
You will also support on delivering training to maximise our chances of success by promoting bidding best practice for fee-earning teams across the firm.
- Challenges teams on bid/no-bid evaluations and liaising with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on key bid/no bid decisions
- Helps develop win strategies and propositions for bids in conjunction with partners and engagement teams
- Coaches and challenges partners and teams on their roles and approach in preparation for client-facing situations within the bid process (such as site visits and pitch presentations).
- Works with sector teams and key account teams to develop our go to market strategy across our investment sectors.
- Uses experience and knowledge of bidding to share recommendations with business units/locations to ensure we maximise our chances of winning.
- Demonstrates good commercial thinking to understand client's needs/business issues, develop compelling propositions, propose solutions to issues and make recommendations to bid teams as appropriate.
- Keeps on top of emerging trends in bids and wider business development, as well as feedback from clients and targets, to ensure we are able to share the latest insights and thinking with colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and takes an active role in identifying cross selling opportunities.
- Project management of bids (often with support from a pursuits executive).
- Reviews/quality controls documents to ensure key messages are communicated effectively and appropriate approved content is used
- Provides coaching, and runs workshops encouraging and upskilling client teams to win and embeds the Golden Rules of Winning across the firm.
- Undertakes client debriefs and service reviews to understand how we can improve the firms approach to bidding.
- Drives forward continuous improvement.
- Works collaboratively across all areas of the wider Client Development team to maximise our contribution to the firm and to our clients.
- Supports Executives within the team in achieving their goals and objectives.
- Works in line with the firm's CLEARR values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility.
- Seeks regular feedback and identifies and acts upon learning and development needs in order to develop technical and personal skills.
- Demonstrates good writing skills and ability to bring together a cohesive document from different sources of information.
- Drives and leads on reporting on pursuits to SLT
- Manages suppliers, as required.
- Drives, develops and gives input on Pursuits Hub (knowledge management tool).
- Assists with ad-hoc team, marketing and business development projects that require a team response (e.g. providing input to the development of bid methodology).
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Marketing and BD experience with specific emphasis on bids
- Proven bid experience and results
- Gravitas and experience of effective stakeholder management and influencing senior executives/partners
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Thorough understanding and demonstrable application of lead generation, sales activity and bid strategy/management
- Experience of coaching senior stakeholders in presentations
- Experience of managing a team, developing and mentoring others
- Strong project management skills with demonstrable experience of working under pressure and to conflicting deadlines
- Experience in the development and delivery of bid best practice training sessions
- Experience of extracting, analysing and presenting performance information on bid processes/teams
- You will also ensure our self-service portal and templates are fit for purpose and continuously evolving to meet market needs.
- You will also support on delivering training to maximise our chances of success by promoting bidding best practice for fee-earning teams across the firm.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.