Leadership and People Manager Specialist - open to flexible working
The Global Learning and Capability team lead the development of learning solutions across Diageo that improves capability and drives performance for the business. The Leadership Capability agenda is critical for Diageo that focuses on developing an Academy framework that offers experiences and development interventions for our Leaders across Diageo. A core accountability of this role would be to curate and develop learning that is anchored against the Leadership Standard and applies to our people leaders across the group.
The Leadership Development Specialist will have significant experience in people management and leadership and leverage external best practise and insight to create a compelling vision for people management for Diageo. This role will report into the Senior Leadership and Capability Manager and support them with the development of the Leadership & Management Academy proposition. They will also take ownership of the people management programmes and develop the programme to become world class particularly with the level of change required of our people leaders. They will support the design and development of our core leadership and pipeline development interventions throughout the business ensuring strong, measurable performance returns.
Dimensions of the role
The Leadership Development Specialist is responsible for sizing the budgetary requirements for any learning interventions and identify opportunities to reduce inefficiencies and increase the effectiveness of the learning intervention.
b) Market Environment/ Complexity
This role will develop the people management curriculum based on latest thinking externally and include the maturity of the organisation. The Leadership Development Specialist would need to segment the audience by various personas based on the environment they operate in.
Leadership Responsibilities/ Key Stakeholders:
The Leadership Development Specialist will report into the Senior Leadership Capability Manager. Key stakeholders will include HR colleagues in the global centre and in the local markets in addition to key business stakeholders that are identified. Managing 3rd party vendors against timescales, cost and quality will also be a key requirement.
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is to take ownership of the people management capability agenda and design, curate and develop meaningful learning that improves capability. This will form the basis of our People Management Academy curriculum and will move beyond a traditional programmatic approach. Instead will develop a people management learning offer that is a combination of experience, digital and virtual learning that is relevant to role and can be accessed simply. A key requirement of the role is to introduce latest thinking and innovation in adult learning and neuroscience to shape the curriculum relevant for Diageo.
1) Develop the People Management Academy curriculum that is relevant for Diageo and connected to the Leadership Standards
2) Design the learner employee experience and ensure it is simple and congruent to the requirements of the role
3) Partner with internal and external SMEs to design a curriculum of learning that can be accessed at the point of need and include a blended approach to development such as webinars, e-learning, presenters etc.
4) Construct a mechanism to evaluate the effectiveness of the programme by partnering with Talent Assurance on assessment. Including an evaluation framework that provides meaningful insights based on Birdi’s TOTADO model of evaluation.
Qualifications and experience required
Learning and People Development management experience is important to the centre of expertise. Success is highly dependent upon:
• Ability to design and curate people leadership content based upon internal and external insight
• Project management skills to deliver new interventions for simplified execution.
• Translate business strategic priorities into people leadership capabilities
• Develop a methodology to evaluate the effectiveness of the programme in terms of capability and performance
• Is able to communicate and influence stakeholders in a way that is impactful and relevant
• Demonstrable experience of the design, development and implementation of a global curriculum
• Previous experience of building an effective, multi-modality Management Learning proposition comprising of internal and external solutions
The primary HR capabilities in Talent Strategy and Planning & Learning and Development (per HR Capability Framework) required in this role are:
• Identify the fundamental elements of diagnosis.
• Understand the barriers to effective learning and embedding.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop the curriculum of the Management Academy with a blended learning approach.
• Measure learning impact to inform future solutions.
• Understand the leaders as teachers approach and advocate for its usage and benefit
• Plan and implement the training solutions that will appropriately close medium and longer term (functional/leadership) capability gaps. Design only begins following a clear business case/ strong TNA.
• Design appropriate interventions based on a knowledge of the specific working environment and the barriers to learning which may exist.
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of facilitation and can use this to deliver a variety of L&D interventions in different environments.
Priority Leadership requirements are:
• Win through Execution – leverage external insight and innovation in curating and developing a world class curriculum for our people managers
• Shape the future – design a curriculum that increases capability and is connected to the business strategy