Pursuit Manager, Tax, Open to flexible working
The UK Tax Bid and Growth Team is the driving force for rapid market capture, pipeline management and bid support within our UK tax practice.
The Bid Consultant, who will play a role in the team will be responsible for business development through strategic relationship building, identifying key client challenges and opportunities and managing the actual bids.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
The Bid Consultant role will include the following activities:
- Project Management of the bid process from beginning to end including drafting of timetable, scheduling of meetings and ensuring key deadlines are met
- Conducting internal research for specific client and interacting with Deloitte Relationship Manager (DRM), LTP and Lead Client Service Partner (LCSP) to ascertain existing relationships, what projects we have undertaken with the client and other useful information e.g. current issues, strategic priorities etc.
- Review of company website and briefing team on the client’s group strategy and how this links into our proposition and key messaging
- Setting agendas for, and leading kick-off meetings and update meetings during the bid process
- Providing strategic advice to business in relation to key messaging, team, our differentiators, competitor intelligence and investments
- Drafting of generic content, including firm information to include in Request For Proposal (RFP) response
- Liaising with the Studio on document production, themes/design and timelines
- Review of RFP response documents and other materials to ensure that we are addressing the client’s requirements and that key messages are referenced throughout the response
- Linking closely with the Clients and Industries team to ensure seamless working, to include management of our strategic client pipeline and feedback processes.
You will have responsibility for:
- Support creation of tailored bids, gathering information, storyboarding and writing the actual bid according to best practices and ensuring a timely and accurate completion with excellent win rates
- Act as the first point of contact on self-service bids
- Curation of bid portal
- Produce pipelining and tracking documentation on a regular basis for senior stakeholders
- Curate newsletters for the practice regarding the team and bids that it has worked on
- This role reports to the Bid Director
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time opportunity.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Successful applicants will be/have some or all of the following:
- Background in writing (e.g. reporter, technical writer etc.), with deep understanding of structuring and writing proposal content
- Eagerness to work in a pursuit centre
- Demonstrated strong client relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of project managing competitive tenders
- Experience of working directly with senior stakeholders
- An understanding of tax related services is an advantage but not a pre-requisite
- Effective project management and organisational skills
- Comfortable and effective working with and influencing multiple stakeholders at senior levels
- Exceptional attention to detail and focus on quality
- Strong use of initiative and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
Your service line: Tax Consulting
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Requisition code: 169239