Programme Transformation Senior Consultant - open to flexible working
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
Programme Transformation is a team of skilled practitioners with a core purpose to deliver outcomes that grow, optimise and protect our client’s organisations.
We help make our client’s strategies a reality, through designing and delivering world-class transformations, which generate tangible and sustainable returns on their investments.
We work closely with our other teams to deliver the following services:
- Programme Architecture/Design: Architecting and designing complex transformations across the entire lifecycle.
- Programme Delivery: Delivery of the most complex Business, Technology & Digital and Capital & Infrastructure Transformation Programmes.
- Programme Controls: Setting up the controls function within a transformation delivery team, often working independently of our delivery teams to analyse components such as strategies, plans, resourcing, risk, costs and commercial arrangements.
- Target Operating Model Implementation: Driving the necessary transformation activities to effectively implement changes to our clients’ target operating models, including delivering technology, data, people and process change
We enable insightful and timely decision-making at all levels of the organisation, helping clients to answer their key strategic questions, including:
- Are we clear on our organisation’s purpose in the digital era?
- What does our future organisation look like? And how do we get there?
- How do we remain strategically flexible yet also resilient over the long term?
- Are we choosing the right strategic drivers for our strategy execution initiatives?
- Can we execute effectively with our current level of capability and capacity? If not fully, what can we execute and in what order?
- How will we set up a highly effective transformation programme focusing on the delivery of the committed business outcomes?
- How can we respond quicker to emerging issues impacting our business?
- How do we get the right people involved in critical decision-making at the right time?
- Which delivery partners should we work with?
- How will we really know if things are on track or not? And if they’re not, how will we turn it around?
- What does “complete” look like? And how will I know when we will be there?
Programme Transformation has grown significantly over the last few years and we are now looking for Senior Consultants to join our teams to support our expansion in the following key sectors:
Products & Services: including Technology, Media and Telecoms , Consumer Products, Industrial Products and Life Sciences.
Government & Public Services: including Central and Local Government; Defence & Security and Health
Energy & Assets: including Oil and Gas, Power and Utilities, Infrastructure and Transport.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Experience working in industry, government or a management consultancy environment
- Knowledge and experience working on large scale digitally enabled transformation programmes
- Detailed Project Delivery experience
- Skills and experience in Portfolio, Programme and Project Management
- Ability to analyse complex challenges & deliver insightful, practical solutions
- Evidence of client handling skills & impact with senior stakeholders
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience
Throughout the assessment process, we will look for strong evidence of:
Core consulting skills:
- Client management, analysis, presentation & facilitation, commerciality.
- Detailed technical insight and practical knowledge in your specialist area
- Specific skills and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Programme Architecture/Design
- Programme Delivery
- Programme Controls
- Target Operating Model Implementation:
- Agile Transformation
- Business / Enterprise architecture
- PPM Tools (primarily Atlassian and Microsoft)
- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.