Lloyds Banking Group

Senior Manager - Software Engineering & Development (Java), Open to flexible working

Location
Bristol, South West England
Salary
£60,825 - £81,100 per annum + package
Posted
16 Sep 2019
Closes
10 Oct 2019
Ref
021488
Contact
Lloyds Banking Group
Role
IT
Contract Type
Permanent

Agile Working Options

Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion

Job Description Summary

You’ll deliver the highest quality customer driven software possible while challenging, motivating and mentoring a newly forming Bristol based software engineering team. You will stay hands on 40% of the time, with the other 60% focusing on leadership and team development.

You’ll be building, maintaining and enhancing mission critical services and supporting systems, with an aspiration to build a career and be recognised within LBG as a domain expert on the systems you support. You’ll think of the customer in everything you do.

Job Description

Senior Manager - Software Engineering & Development (Java, DevOps, Agile)

Lloyds Banking Group

Bristol - Harbour side Building, BS1 5LL

Salary: £64,425 to £85,900 base salary, plus significant annual personal bonus %, 13% employer pension contribution, 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and home working opportunities at least 1 day per week! Working for Lloyds is great.

 

 

Summary

The role of our Principle Software Engineer is vital in ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect. You'll help develop fresh ideas to enable us to optimise the way in which we work and achieve run cost reductions through automation and a DevOps approach. You'll lead, coach and develop a team of software engineers while staying hands on.

This is your chance to transform the way financial services are built and delivered to customers by creating best in class technology in the UK's leading organisation.

What would you get involved with?

 

 

 

 

You'll deliver the highest quality customer driven software possible while challenging, motivating and mentoring a newly forming Bristol based software engineering team. You will stay hands on 40% of the time, with the other 60% focusing on leadership and team development.

 

 

You'll be building, maintaining and enhancing mission critical services and supporting systems, with an aspiration to build a career and be recognised within LBG as a domain expert on the systems you support. You'll think of the customer in everything you do.

The role of our Principle Software Engineers and Chapter Leads are vital in ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect. You'll help develop fresh ideas to enable us to optimise the way in which we work and achieve run cost reductions through automation and a DevOps approach.

You will establish effective working relationships with other teams across IT, the Group and offshore partners with a focus on assisting the delivery of business value through sound software engineering methods and principles.

You will be a part of the senior management team for the software centre of excellence which will give you the opportunity to input into relevant forums and take the lead developing staff using a "player-coach" model. You would also be able to advocate engineering and best practice methods.

What do you need to be considered for this job?

 

We welcome people from a range of role backgrounds but do need to see the following as a minimum for consideration: 1) Software Engineering background working at senior management or management level with experience building large scale applications, 2) solid development experience in Java and Scala plus ReactJS, Kafka, 3) experience leading, managing, coaching and developing software engineer teams, 4) a good understanding of DevOps and Agile principles, 5) WebSphere and API eco-systems knowledge, 5) experience of using GITHUB and Jenkins in development,

 

 

Oh, and if you have exposure to the following that would be ideal, but please still apply if you don't! Experience working within an Agile project environment, Cobol (big plus but we know many modern developers won't have encountered it for years!),

Who are Lloyds Banking Group

 

As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve our vision of being the best bank for our customers.

 

 

We're committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve - where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.

What support will I get and how will my career grow?

 

As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and breadth to provide you with a diverse range of training and development opportunities, helping you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.

 

 

You will also work in a particularly awesome area of the bank, so you'll be surrounded by passionate and progressive people who will help you develop!

Together we make it possible.

 

If you perhaps don't have your CV ready yet, or would like to discuss the role before applying please e-mail for more information.

 

 

 

Similar jobs

Similar jobs