Head of Trusted Marketplace - open to flexible working
Are you experienced media dynamo looking for your next challenge? We are recruiting for a Head of Trusted Marketplace to lead our Diageo Trusted Marketplace programme, media partnerships and broader digital compliance agenda.
This new role sits within the Diageo’s coDe global Media team and has a significant internal and external remit, working in partnership with our marketers, global procurement, agency partners and media owners themselves to further consolidate our global relationships with key media partners, driving high value both centrally and in market.
We take responsible marketing incredibly seriously and our Trusted Marketplace approach is a combined response to issues such as ad fraud, brand safety, data privacy and viewability. It consists of a global set of standards, partners and technology as well as guidance to markets on how they can expand on this locally. This role will ensure that approach remains industry leading, respond to any escalation issues in the digital space, work with internal stakeholders to ensure the approach is implemented effectively, and with external partners to create new opportunities for the business.
Alongside this, you will will champion responsible media across Diageo, taking ownership of both our Digital Code and watertight processes (internally and in our agencies) across our bought, owned and earned ecosystem. You will ensure our commitments made to IARD (International Alliance for Responsible Drinking) are upheld and Diageo upholds its strong reputation.
The role involves direct collaboration with our CMO as well as other senior marketing, legal, procurement and corporate communications departments. It presents an opportunity to be at the forefront of industry thinking and lead wider discourse through organisations such as ISBA and the WFA.
There is an opportunity to work directly with our key global brands, which include Guinness, Smirnoff, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Johnnie Walker, helping them establish meaningful media partnerships as well as supporting their wider digital & media strategy.
We are looking for someone with best-in-class capabilities at finding and building great partnerships; an individual who knows what a win-win media partnership looks like – from new business models to new marketing and data opportunities. You’ll collaborate with our markets and global brand teams to build a strong ambition and clear roadmap with each media owner, and measure its success at each stage.
- Lead our Trusted Marketplace approach to media
- Lead our Digital Compliance agenda and take ownership of evolving and upholding our Digital Code – championing responsible media and upholding water-tight processes across bought, owned and earned media.
- Work alongside procurement, corporate affairs, legal and key marketing stakeholders to continually evolve and challenge the approach
- Manage relationships with over a dozen key global media partners, identifying & prioritising those where there are opportunities to globally extract additional value
- Own our tech approach within the brand safety & digital media authenticity space, in close collaboration with DBS (Diageo Business Services) colleagues
- Provide relevant input into our wider media strategy and the definition of our future ways of working within the media environment
- Collaborate within the wider coDe organisation and throughout the business to ensure Trusted Marketplace priorities, partnership opportunities and key mandates are realised in markets.
- Support Global Brand Teams with the development of media partnerships and evolution of their overall digital & media strategies
- Seek out new, relevant partnerships and opportunities within current partnerships, at a brand and portfolio level, moving at pace to test & learn in market
- Measure and increase success through clear KPIs and continuous data analytics
- Evangelise media partnerships and responsible media inside & outside of Diageo
.Qualifications and experience required
- Have proven results working in partnership with media vendors at a senior level
- Strong understanding of the criticalty of compliance
- Demonstrable success collaborating with a media agency team
- High standards
- Deep understanding of issues currently facing the media supply chain alongside a strong understanding of privacy and consent in marketing.
- Strong commercial acumen, familiarity building clear requirements
- Creative and curious – always open to new possibilities, with a drive to move them to action.
- Superb at leading and working as part of a multi-market, multi-discipline team with a proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders while maintaining integrity of idea and quality in delivery.
- Turn strategy into action – bringing expertise, speed and agility to the role. We are looking for someone who will both drive thought leadership and turn strategy into action.
- Collaborative influence: Able to build trusted partnerships with business stakeholders through empathy and understanding of their objectives and a shared goal approach. Strong influence: ability to lead through others and bring out the best in partners
- A change maker: The output of this role’s work will require organisational change. This leader will need to inspire, challenge and collaborate globally
- A leader as teacher: able to drive functional media capabilities into the broader in market team. Simplifying complexity and codifying best-practice.