Event Manager, Learning, Human Resources (Maternity Cover), Open to returners & flexible working
Our people are our most important asset. Through an increasing use of blended learning solutions we are seeking to deliver a ground-breaking, agile solution that delivers outstanding results and exceeds their expectations.
Our Operations and Design teams consist of Content Design, Content Enablement, Content Management, Faculty Management, Event Management and Strategy & Management. These teams work collectively to grow, develop and extend high quality and innovative learning solutions to the business.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Our events team have their finger on the pulse. They are in charge of running high quality industry focused events that drive discussion, share new trends & enable our colleagues to learn from both experts & peers alike.
We want our Event Manager to be passionate about talent development. By overseeing the activities of the event management team, they will ensure the master Content Design PID for the creation and delivery of learning and development programmes is fully supported. Their proven track record in HR, couple with their vendor management experience and strong leadership skills will guide the team towards successfully delivering the end goal – a perfectly coordinated, well-run event that delivers impact for our colleagues.
- Oversight of the scheduling, nominations process, invitation and cancellation process.
- To ensure the Event Management team create sub-PID’s for each event, in support of the Master Content Design PID for creation of programmes.
- To ensure process for written confirmation requests from venue’s for all requirements is in place and that an effective relationship exists to ensure correct setup and logistics. Conduct site visits as required.
- To ensure the team are managing onsite support as required, including VC, catering.
- To ensure process for arranging and managing accommodation and travel arrangements is in place.
- To ensure process for creating purchase orders is in place and that the team liaise with vendors for invoicing as per agreement.
- Ensure the team are managing ad hoc queries received via email, phone or mail, ensuring relevant queries are assigned to the shared service centre helpdesk
- Owning and managing selected events off-site, as needed.
- Responsible for relationship management with broader learning function including Learning Business Partners, Early Careers Development, and Leadership and Executive Development.
- Responsible for relationship management with Shared Service Centre teams for course and event logistics purposes.
- To ensure the team works closely with Deloitte’s external provider, BCD, for venue booking.
- To ensure the team works closely with Faculty Management team to import facilitator names relevant to audience and budget requirements.
To ensure events budget is agreed annually, monitored monthly and any variances identified and managed
Ensuring the performance management process is adhered to for the events team including coaching and support with workload management
Facilitation will be part of the role and a balance will be found between keeping skills fresh and relevant within the job role.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based at our London office, with an option of working from home one day a week
Work pattern: This is a fixed term contract opportunity.
The role can be worked on a part-time basis, with a minimum of four days (80% presence) a week
Your professional experience
- Experience at manager level.
- Experience of process development and management.
- Proven team leadership and management skills and ability to create a high performing, motivating, supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to address diverse organisational stakeholders at all levels.
- Good commercial acumen for vendor management and experience of working with procurement and contractual agreements/SLAs.
- Adept at communicating, coaching, challenging and managing senior stakeholders.
- Experience and passion in talent development and learning, with a firm grasp of human resources
- Able to work independently
- An expert at building networks and connections, on both regional and global levels
- Strong experience of a base of project/programme management.
- Understanding of professional qualifications and apprenticeship programmes desirable
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 171913