Digital Marketing Specialist (Acquisition), Open to flexible working
The Communications Team leads the strategic thinking around communications at all levels of the organisation. A multi-discipline team it sets and delivers the organisation’s vision for digital engagement, audio-visual, communications strategy, design, brand and publishing. Focused on audience centred experiences, it is responsible for delivering against the organisation’s strategic engagement targets and enabling other teams to do so too.
The Digital Engagement Team is responsible for digital campaigning, fundraising and communications across all digital channels for Amnesty International in the UK, including wholly owned websites, social media, email and SMS.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Digital Marketing Specialist works with the Senior Digital Marketing Specialist to deliver our non-financial supporter acquisition programme, and supports acquisition of financial supporters, with a focus on paid digital marketing. Using their experience and knowledge of digital marketing, this role works with the Senior Digital Marketing Specialist to develop engaging and accessible ideas, initiatives and journeys to deliver communications that help attract, inspire and maintain relationships with supporters and in turn achieve Amnesty International UK’s strategic objective to grow. Working with colleagues in the fundraising department this role also ensures our potential financial supporters receive timely, relevant and engaging communications.
- Deliver cross-channel communications for non-financial supporters ensuring the organisation maximises the potential of digital marketing tools and platforms
- Deliver activity in line with acquisition strategy for the acquisition of non-financial supporters, and work with colleagues in Fundraising department to ensure the acquisition of financial supporters
- Work closely with AV, Design, freelancers and agencies to deliver assets to support digital journeys that meet the strategic goal to increase supporter engagement
- Deliver digital financial asks to potential supporters and non-financial supporters, ensuring they adhere to the acquisition and communications strategy; and work with colleagues in the Fundraising department to develop optimised journeys that support their objectives
- Deliver digital communications expertise and advice for fundraising acquisition programme, including messaging, supporter journeys and segmentation
- Deliver outputs to continually acquire, test and gain insights from segments defined in the communication strategy
- Implement the digital acquisition strategy – managing and delivering campaigns, and reporting on progress to Senior Digital Marketing Specialist and Digital Engagement Manager
- Manage relationships with key agencies and platform representatives, ensuring regular reviews and reports on performance against strategic aims and KPIs
- Oversee internal relationships and training for internal stakeholders to ensure they are confident in their understanding of digital acquisition activity
- Provide internal consultancy to Digital Engagement, Fundraising and Data & Insight Teams to optimise activity for supporter acquisition in order to achieve the organisations strategic goals
- Work with the team to develop and achieve team objectives and plans
- Lead on relationships with key external suppliers and agencies where appropriate, including briefing work and monitoring performance and costs
- Reporting of external suppliers and agencies, including briefing work and monitoring costs, where appropriate
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry standards, best practice and trends in digital marketing, and communications
- Take responsibility for their own health, safety and welfare, comply with Amnesty International UK’s health and safety policy and procedures, and not act in any way that compromises the safety of themselves, colleagues or the public
- Deliver all aspects of this job description in accordance with Amnesty International UK’s equality and diversity policy
- Undertake any relevant duties or projects delegated by line management which are in line with the overall responsibilities of the post
- Demonstrable experience of using data insight to drive activity and improve results.
- Demonstrable experience of PPC/SEO, paid social, display and affiliate marketing management, including Google Adwords.
- Demonstrable experience of using paid advertising/media to attract new audiences and deepen relationships.
- Substantial experience of creating cross channel supporter/customer experience strategies to deliver personalised, engaging and responsive journeys.
- Experience working with, or for, digital marketing agencies.
- Evidence of identifying gaps and opportunities within a supporter experience and developing innovative digital solutions that generate significant impact to engagement and/or income.
- Experience of developing data insight briefs to build profiles of target audiences.
- Demonstrable experience of commissioning/producing compelling paid advertising/media content to engage new audiences
- Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Significant knowledge of industry standards, best practice and trends in digital marketing.
- Highly developed copywriting and content editing skills.
- Excellent analytics skills and ability to report and evaluate on the effectiveness of digital paid advertising/media campaigns.
- Ability to be flexible, manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of current and international affairs.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge or experience of the campaigning sector having created successful campaigns or communications.
- Knowledge or experience of key fundraising principles.
- Ability to provide consultancy and communicate complex digital marketing plans for a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to create engaging visual assets for use in digital paid advertising/media campaigns.
- Amnesty’s aims and objectives
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and objectives of Amnesty International.
Amnesty International values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Applications for flexible working will be considered.
Please click 'Apply' for further details and to submit your application.