SAP Payroll Functional Consultant, Assistant Manager/Manager, IT Services, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
SAP Payroll Functional Consultant, Assistant Manager/Manager, IT Services, Business Applications
Are you an energetic and enthusiastic person who is looking for an exciting job in IT? Do you want to contribute your professional experience and ideas in a small team of in-house consultants and work with business directly to deliver new, creative and future-oriented solutions? Is it important for you to be a part of an innovative and rewarding organisation that really looks after their employees?
As a SAP Payroll functional consultant, you will be working within Deloitte IT in people centric business and responsible for the support and development of the HR & Talent Business Systems applications. The primary role is to provide improvements to the existing solution to meet new and/or evolving business and technological requirements.
This will involve working closely with senior management, wider business stakeholders and colleagues within Business Applications to provide HR and Payroll application technical and process expertise, manage the efficient handling and resolution of business issues and deliver against the longer-term application roadmap.
The role includes the following areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of SAP Payroll implementation projects as well as the day to day SAP payroll queries
- Provision of subject matter expertise on all HR processes in the Hire to Retire lifecycle and the technology underpinning solutions
- Specification and testing of system enhancements where the capability of the standard software does not meet the business requirements
- Keeping the solution current to meet legal, regulatory and evolving business requirements
- Manage stakeholder’s expectations around SAP Functionality, promoting standardised solutions.
- Responding to and resolving the 3rd tier support calls
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Reports to the HR & Talent Lead
- Balancing the priorities of projects, support items and change requests as directed
- Monitor key SAP business processes to ensure they are being followed and where improvement is needed, collaboratively introducing appropriate activities with business users to drive adoption
- Regression testing following annual application of legislative changes
- Ensuring the requirement for support activity remains low thereby enabling the team to focus on projects and changes
- Responding and resolving incidents raised in ServiceNow pertaining to services they are responsible for within the common guidelines for all ITS services
- Compliance with Deloitte standards, external regulatory and statutory requirements
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: This role will be based out of Milton Keynes or Cardiff where you are expected to be present on a regular basis every week. On some occasions be expected to travel to the London Office
This is a full time position 7.5 hours a day and expected to be available from 9:00 up to 17:30 with some flexibility
Your professional experience
- SAP Payroll UK implementation experience including support in RTI and Pension Auto Enrolment.
- Strong configuration and testing skills in the area of SAP HCM such as Personnel Administration (PA), Time Management (TM), Organizational Management (OM), Flexible Benefits and ESS
- Solid understanding of the business and the SAP product set in order to effectively analyze the current state and how changes may need to be made to successfully implement a SAP solution
- Experience of full project life-cycle: requirements analysis, process design, blueprint documentation, specification of required developments, gap analysis, configuration, testing and production support.
- Strong analytical skills, technical knowledge, and the ability to write at a publication quality level in order to communicate findings and recommendations to senior stakeholders
- BSc in Information Systems Management or similar
- SAP Payroll (Non UK) experience
- Knowledge of Payroll integration with Third Party systems
- Data Conversion tools like LSMW
- MSc in Information Systems Management or similar
- ITIL Foundation
Your service line: Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose:we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent:we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance:we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters:we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction:we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 172075