Building Control Surveyor: Oxford, fully flex, up to FT hours, competitive salary
- To provide a professional and comprehensive Building Control service whilst ensuring that excellent customer service is at the heart of what you do.
- The role is required to be forward thinking and actively engaged in providing innovative ideas for driving the service forward and securing long term business models to increase revenue streams and improve our market share.
Role responsibilities and main duties
- Undertake the complete range of Building Control functions including service delivery of domestic and commercial build projects in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- Undertake site inspections and plan assessments.
- Ensure all electronic and paper Building Control records/documentation are comprehensive and fully updated on a daily basis.
- Promote and market all aspects of the Building Control Service through appropriate means in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Liaising with the Applications Team and other professional colleagues on consultations, applications, operational targets and office procedures.
- Where applicable provide building control fee quotations and tenders.
- To actively respond within the required time frame to deal with demolitions and dangerous structures. To fully investigate and enforce non-compliant and unauthorised building works, and when required serving notices and initiating formal legal proceedings.
- To demonstrate and promote ethical behaviour and practice.
- To participate in the adoption and promotion of equalities and carbon management initiative.
- To work in a flexible manner and to be willing to undertake other duties as reasonably requested including outside of office hours.
- Work with all partners and stakeholders to deliver objectives.
- A relevant, construction related degree or a minimum of a Higher National Certificate (HNC) in a construction related discipline or equivalent.
- Ability to undertake all necessary site inspections and surveys which may include climbing ladders, working at height and entering confined spaces.
- Proven technical experience of dealing with domestic and commercial building works.
- Sound knowledge of the primary legislation and technical guidance that applies to Building Control.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with commercial awareness and a customer focused stance.
- Ability to effectively manage own casework and offer additional support to colleagues as required.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours and attend evening inspections and meetings when required.